BW To impose Identity cards to access water/rubbish etc

nbtafelberg

Featured Posts

Ok - I have my sources which shall remain nameless. But I was emailed this. It's an artists impression of some cards that BW are proposing to use with readers at water points/rubbish points and locks.

bwcards1.jpg

Apparantly people who are registered as CCers will have to swipe the card 14 days difference or whatever their requirement is at different points along the system to prove they are actually CCing and not just hopping with automatic fines in place when terms of license are breached.

Also - in accordance with the Environment Agencies wish to have water meters everywhere we may be charged for our water hence the water points/rubbish points needing a card to gain access.

I don't know for sure how far down the process its gone but I have got this image which shows they must be pretty serious.

I'm told though by my "mole" that if you call BW they will deny it. I think it's the first stage to something quite scarey.

Incidentally he or she did say that the first number is tied to your boat license and the second to your mooring or cc status and these are VERY important, also that they will still issue paper licenses/mooring plates for the boat.

I don't know what you think but it's a bit big brother for me.

I cannot tell you who supplied me this info but its HOT.

Incidentally he or she did say that the first number is tied to your boat license and the second to your mooring or cc status and these are VERY important, also that they will still issue paper licenses/mooring plates for the boat.

Yes, very important indeed! I've just fed the numbers through my Enigma machine. I should have the code cracked by noon, tomorrow :lol:

Oh yes - we went for breakfast at the Toll house Cafe in Cowley and I said "here Marc give us your hat" and proceeded to take out the ketchup! Much to the amusment of the owner Iain.

At a wrg group meeting one member was telling another how he saved the town money at weekends. He put the sauce sachets into the cash machines. He found out the other members job when we all fell about laughing. Yes he was a copper. :lol:

Sue

Careful!

It has been demonstrated that it is highly frowned upon to suggest that anybody may be being economical with the truth on the forum, unless you have cast iron proof.

In that spirit, I think we should trust Tafelberg unreservedly, and accept that this story is 100% true, at least until it's conclusively proved otherwise.

I'm pretty certain I saw some local locks being measured up today for the card reader equipment, in fact.

Well I think this is absolutely outrageous and in fact oh dear I've just spat cocoa all over the Tiger rug we brought back from Indiah and I can feel meself having a funny turn in fact I suspect I need a brandy and my best writing paper I shall write to my MP and the Daily Mail and Watchdog and the Framley Examiner and demand a cross party review to get these damn EU card thingamejigs removed from our traditional British inland waterways forthwith if not sooner I say are you listening this is appalling look at the state of my rug and where's all the cocoa and I say nurse can I have another one of the old pills there's a good girl and I say where's that James T Berk fella when ya need him eh?

Dont forget BW will be requiring CC'ers to swipe these cards at every lock they pass through, as further evidence of their travels around the system!

(April Fools is getting a bit like xmas, its arriving earlier and earlier!!)

They have started with Parking Tickets now on the L&L.

NoParking_WEB.jpg

You can definitely see he's thinking....

I hope this is a real parking ticket, and a real policewoman - she had better not be a stripper!

If BW had'nt thought about this before they will now!

They even have a template to work with! :lol:

It might be april the 1st but I think that a water point access card/meter system is highly likely to be in use before long whereas I don't think rubbish bins can or should be controlled in the same way as that would simply encourage fly tipping in towpath hedges.

I can see canalside householders doing a little trade selling contraband water to bogus CCers :lol:

I'm pretty certain I saw some local locks being measured up today for the card reader equipment, in fact.

And in the interest of fairness, political correctness and equality new age continuous cruisers will apparently be offered the alternative of a tarot card reader.

I think the issue is that if BW have to pay for something we should have to pay for it too. I suppose.

The license fee seems to include the use of refuse, sewage disposal and water (RSW) but...

is it actually in the license conditions that boaters are entitled to use these facilities or is it just a 'given' ?