Poo Bags

kienik

Featured Posts

Most people do seem to have a poo phobia - whether it be human or doggy. Poo is biodegradable - until it is put into a plastic bag. Why do people do this and then leave the bags around. It would have been better to just leave the poo on the ground.

I refuse to use plastic bags on environmental grounds, all my dog poo goes into the hedgerow, off the path where it is eaten by worms, slugs, beetles and a variety of micro organisms.

How British - talking about poo at half two on Christmas Day... I'm inclined to agree with boatgypsy here and wonder about the eco impact of bagging up poop and sealing it in plastic for...well for how long....as long as it takes for a plastic bag to degrade....a few centuries perhaps? As a responsible dog owner we make sure poop is deposited in the hedgerow...

How British - talking about poo at half two on Christmas Day... I'm inclined to agree with boatgypsy here and wonder about the eco impact of bagging up poop and sealing it in plastic for...well for how long....as long as it takes for a plastic bag to degrade....a few centuries perhaps? As a responsible dog owner we make sure poop is deposited in the hedgerow...

I'm sure I read it on this forum, but most of those poo bags hanging in trees have been put there by boaty people. They sit and stare at them through the boat window , its exactly the same as TV and you dont have to buy a license.

I'm sure I read it on this forum, but most of those poo bags hanging in trees have been put there by boaty people. They sit and stare at them through the boat window , its exactly the same as TV and you dont have to buy a license.

Ha ha ha..beats installing Sky + to watch crap on the tv!

We have dogs and we work with dogs too. Neither of us have any problems cleaning up after our hounds, even when there is nobody looking. Its down to good manners and personal standards really. I really don't want others complaining about the mess my dogs leave.

There are always exceptions to scooping the poop. My youngster loves to dive deep into the brambles for some toilet privacy. I am not going deep into the brambles to clean up poo! :lol: Its simply not going to happen. Then again, it will biodegrade in a matter of days and its not in the middle of the path. We use biodegradable poop bags, bag it and bin it. Its not difficult! We are not paragons of virtue, just well brought up.

This practice of hanging bags up on the bushes really irritates me. On the field, where we walk regularly in the mornings, there is a bag of poo hanging up. Its well out of reach as its been thrown up so high. Its been there over a year now. Carrier bags are not that good at rotting. Of course we are assuming that its a bag of poo, we've not climbed up to check. Everywhere you go there are these little plastic bags either dumped into the base of a bush or actually hanging up on it. Its the way society is going. I have to pick up a bag of poo thats been thrown over my front wall pretty much daily. Sometimes twice. Same for my neighbours. The poo bag is alongside the general rubbish that the kids on the way to school just hoss over the wall. Despite the fact there is a bin on the corner of the street - just 30 yards along. Even then there is rubbish around the bin and not actually in it.

Its not just the dog poo thats the problem, its all the other rubbish to boot. I do agree that the poo is far more unpleasant to step in than an McDonalds wrapper. The poo is just the thin end of the wedge though.

I am an irresponsible dog owner.

Agreed.

Anyone who thinks it is acceptable to allow their dog to run, uncontrolled, on the tow path is irresponsible.

If your dog met the pit bull, that bit off my dog's leg, on the tow path, how would you hope to save it, when you're stood on your back deck?

Edited by carlt

Agreed.

Anyone who thinks it is acceptable to allow their dog to run, uncontrolled, on the tow path is irresponsible.

Well said carl the ones that are the worst are the boaters that let the dogs out last thing at night to poo in the dark when they think no one can see them, as I have said before BW should introduce a special licence for dog owners that use the towpath.

Well said carl the ones that are the worst are the boaters that let the dogs out last thing at night to poo in the dark when they think no one can see them, as I have said before BW should introduce a special licence for dog owners that use the towpath.

As a dog owner who clears up after his dog, even at night using a torch and a boater who has a pump out loo but don't pump it into the cut or all over the elsan disposal points I would object to paying more :lol::lol:

I'm always amazed at the level of objections raised when this topic regularly occurs. Compare this against a horse dropping a cartful on the towpath together with all the flies it subsequently brings in summer and nobody says a word.

I'm always amazed at the level of objections raised when this topic regularly occurs. Compare this against a horse dropping a cartful on the towpath together with all the flies it subsequently brings in summer and nobody says a word.

The problem, considering the number of horses allowed, on the tow path, hardly compares but I don't see why horse owners shouldn't clear up, too.

Pets at home do biodegradeable poo bags if anyone is interested - these are the ones that we use. If there are no poo bins around they can be buried. Yes I get utterly sick of the 'Christmas decorations' approach to poo bags that some dog owners have. We manage to cope without hanging the bags in trees so why can't they?

Horse sh*t is mushed up grass, it's kind of benign, dog sh*t on the other hand is evil and carries nasty diseases......

Pets at home do biodegradeable poo bags if anyone is interested - these are the ones that we use. If there are no poo bins around they can be buried. Yes I get utterly sick of the 'Christmas decorations' approach to poo bags that some dog owners have. We manage to cope without hanging the bags in trees so why can't they?

Horse sh*t is mushed up grass, it's kind of benign, dog sh*t on the other hand is evil and carries nasty diseases......

Horse shit isn't benign. Liver fluke is transmittable to humans

Sue

When you drive down our lane it makes your car stink when it gets picked up by the wheels, but then so does the cow sh*t

Have to admit to hating dog poo (my own is bad enough as i suffer from Crohn's disease).

Twice ive moored & almost stood in a fresh pile of dogs do doos :lol:

At last with the bags hanging in trees you dont take your eye out with a bramble branch!!

Yesterday we watched a young dog walker bag up & toss the bag on the towpath edge ready for one of us to stand in, i guess its easier to see in a bag !!