It's Happening again

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

There should be no problem searching for 3 letter words. The "+" search facility in front of a word means that that word MUST be in the search even though it would normally be ignored, eg: if you wanted the word "off" in a search (which it would probably ignore normally), put +off.

I've never been able to find three character words, even using the "+".

Try "+lpg" or "+oil".

I think it's the main limitation of the site's own facility, but would be very interested to know of any way around it, as I find it a pain.

It's in these cases I'd use the Google approach.

I don't think there is a problem with people being rude or otherwise on this forum, the moderation is just right.

The odd argument happens, but what difference does that make? If anyone is genuinely upset by anything they've read on here they must be extremely sensitive and need to get a grip.

If someone gives you some stick, give it them back, eventually it just settles down, just like real life. :lol: I wouldn't condone effing etc, but that doesn't really happen.

It also doesn't make any difference what username you use.

Very uncivil from what I can make out. Have a read of 'Thomas Telford's Temptation' by Charles Hadfield....

I didn't realise Thomas Telford would have been alive late enough for Charles Hadfield to be able to tempt thm.

(Coat!).

You know, reading back through this topic reminded me of why I gave up being a forum administrator. No matter what forum you use for whatever topic, there are always those who like to argue the toss over everything, even for trivial little things that aren't significant to anything, but still they argue... :lol:

But hey, it's their time their wasting, not ours, 'cept when we have to read through it all to get to the information we wanted in the first place... :lol:

You know, reading back through this topic reminded me of why I gave up being a forum administrator. No matter what forum you use for whatever topic, there are always those who like to argue the toss over everything, even for trivial little things that aren't significant to anything, but still they argue... :lol:

But hey, it's their time their wasting, not ours, 'cept when we have to read through it all to get to the information we wanted in the first place... :lol:

I suppose if the forum changed into a charged-for advice site, then you would have a point but it's a free discussion forum, any service provided is a welcome extra.

Relatively few threads end up in arguments and without the banter the forum would die a death.

You only have to look how many viewings the arguments get to see this. :lol:

Relatively few threads end up in arguments and without the banter the forum would die a death.

You only have to look how many viewings the arguments get to see this. :lol:

Which perhaps closes the circle back to David's original post. Whilst the (relatively few?) argumentative threads can be great spectator sport, many less abrasive contributors often get caught in the cross-fire.

Now I'm beginning to wonder, are you David AND Julie? Are you both of them at the same time or are you sometimes Dave and sometimes Julie? :lol:

One person, one username - D&J, and I'm a bloke.

are you sometimes Dave and sometimes Julie?

Have you been looking through my windows :lol: honest I only had them on because my clothes were in the wash. :lol:

Definitely, the best thing about not being a forum administrator is that you don't have to read the topics that don't interest you!

No we don't !

-------------------------------------

Monty Python got it right: "I came here for an argument".....

And that's perfectly ok...

However, if "Sorry Sir, this is abuse....." is the reply, just like a man with three buttocks, that's something completely different....