Interesting bit of land

carlt

Featured Posts

Hi,

Am I right in thinking that you still need planning permission if you want to use this for a residential boat?

What are the chances of PP for a residential boat being granted?

I would have thought that PP would be granted if it is required. However it would be on your private land or water so I'm not sure that I would apply for permission as the boat can be moved and is not a permanent structure.

We went and had a look about a month ago. We took some photos, if anyone is interested PM me and I can email them to you. I will upload them to the gallery as soon as I can.

I have emailed the seller but have had no response as yet. It does look like it floods up to about 18 inches above the ground level.

Kev.

Hi Kev,

So is there water there ??????

The description says "It is a cut off the Nene and therefore there are no mooring restrictions or charges with moorings of around 100 feet plus - Previously used by owner for mooring a 40 foot narrowboat with plenty of room for another."

Was that what you saw ?

Regards, Patrick.

Hi Kev,

So is there water there ??????

The description says "It is a cut off the Nene and therefore there are no mooring restrictions or charges with moorings of around 100 feet plus - Previously used by owner for mooring a 40 foot narrowboat with plenty of room for another."

Was that what you saw ?

Regards, Patrick.

Hi Patrick.

Yes it is a little arm off the main Nene, the problem is it is very overgrown, there was a couple of feet of reeds from bank to water so we couldn't see the bankside as such. The water was only about 6 inches deep in parts too.

The land is fenced off with trees around it, there is a "tide" mark on the tree trunks. Surrounding it is grazing land which although was dry when we went the hoof indentations meant that it was usually more boggy marshland than field. No good for us with dogs as the land has cattle on it sometimes. It has potential but IMHO needs a lot of work, permission required off course.

We did email the owner with a few questions but as yet have not had a response.

Kev

Hi Patrick.

Yes it is a little arm off the main Nene, the problem is it is very overgrown, there was a couple of feet of reeds from bank to water so we couldn't see the bankside as such. The water was only about 6 inches deep in parts too.

The land is fenced off with trees around it, there is a "tide" mark on the tree trunks. Surrounding it is grazing land which although was dry when we went the hoof indentations meant that it was usually more boggy marshland than field. No good for us with dogs as the land has cattle on it sometimes. It has potential but IMHO needs a lot of work, permission required off course.

We did email the owner with a few questions but as yet have not had a response.

Kev

I would think at £35k in the current climate for a piece of water meadow that floods regularly, beautiful though that part of the Nene is, it is not the right price. Certainly no mortgage lender would be likely to consider it at anything above agricultural land value, I would think.

We went to look at the land at Buxton Road. The access is really by foot only under the bridge, and is quite steep , made up of bricks and broken slabs.You could park on the main road but its fairly busy. Its looked like a nice area though.

• 1 month later...

Heres a nice piece of land with 200m of river frontage and and 3.19acres of land. Full PP for moorings. Its under offer but that means relativly nothing.

4 X 50m moorings £18000 each and then fight over the land :lol: Just a thought.

http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.a...p;agentid=22476

Much better value than the one this post is about.

Edited to remove double post

Edited by jeb

How about this one:

Canal Land

There is even room for a few friends!

A lot of continuous mooring goes on around that area. The buyer would need to keep a close eye out or work out something as the local continuous folks use it a lot.

Heres a nice piece of land with 200m of river frontage and and 3.19acres of land. Full PP for moorings. Its under offer but that means relativly nothing.

4 X 50m moorings £18000 each and then fight over the land :lol: Just a thought.

http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.a...p;agentid=22476

Much better value than the one this post is about.

Edited to remove double post

I find the whole planning thing for mooring interesting.

How could a boat tied to oversized tent pegs be subject to pp?

You just wouldnt know if someone was mooring there unless you kept going there.

Im sure caravans and transit vans keeps the local council much more busier.

I find the whole planning thing for mooring interesting.

How could a boat tied to oversized tent pegs be subject to pp?

You just wouldnt know if someone was mooring there unless you kept going there.

Im sure caravans and transit vans keeps the local council much more busier.

At our mooring the ramblers and anglers complained to the council because one person had planted some flowers, so the council said he had to apply for change of use, from 'agricultural' to 'garden' otherwise everyone would have to leave the mooring. When he applied the anglers and ramblers successfully objected on the basis that a garden can only go with a residence therefore he had to apply for planning permission to be residential. When he then applied for that, in precisely the words that the council had dictated to him, the objectors stirred up a hate campaign in the village which is half a mile away, saying how the village "would be over-run with bargees and other undesirable travellers", painting a picture of fields full of caravans and of a wave of burglaries and other crimes. Needless to say the permission was refused. Eventually it was granted on appeal, but with a number of draconian provisions attached.

• 3 weeks later...