Interesting bit of land

carlt

Featured Posts

• 2 months later...

Ive been looking at moorings on the Nene, the one advertised near Wansford has sold even though part of it is next to a water extraction point for the Rutland resevoir! So there may be some new moorings there soon, just a shame its not closer to the Haycock hotel! The layby next to it has a very bad reputation, let me put it this way if I liked men it would be a great place to moor!

I have also looked into the moorings this topic is about, good luck to whoever buys that! No planning permission,a failed application last year, almost completely silted up and the E.A said they had been there (when the previous owners wanted to dredge to sell it) and the boat moored there was "systematically stripped". The boat in the photo in the ad is still there and has been smashed to bits! Oh and it floods too!

There is a new "marina" near wansford, surrounded with new houses and not one boat! I wish they would make a law where marinas are for boats, not housing developments!! Anyone know about a planned marina near Elton? Will it be for boats or houses?! Elton is very nice and the food in the black horse pub is great!

• 3 weeks later...
Ive been looking at moorings on the Nene, the one advertised near Wansford has sold even though part of it is next to a water extraction point for the Rutland resevoir! So there may be some new moorings there soon, just a shame its not closer to the Haycock hotel! The layby next to it has a very bad reputation, let me put it this way if I liked men it would be a great place to moor!

I have also looked into the moorings this topic is about, good luck to whoever buys that! No planning permission,a failed application last year, almost completely silted up and the E.A said they had been there (when the previous owners wanted to dredge to sell it) and the boat moored there was "systematically stripped". The boat in the photo in the ad is still there and has been smashed to bits! Oh and it floods too!

There is a new "marina" near wansford, surrounded with new houses and not one boat! I wish they would make a law where marinas are for boats, not housing developments!! Anyone know about a planned marina near Elton? Will it be for boats or houses?! Elton is very nice and the food in the black horse pub is great!

Try looking up Blackthorne Lake Marina, Ringstead!!

that is interesting and its also reasonably cheap im taking son back to university on tuesday i am going to have a look if i get time

Hi there this piece of land u r looking @ FORGET IT!!we put in an offer and it cost us over £1,000 for solicitors fees

the man selling it Tony (raymond Denny who now lives in the south of France really had our pants down

The northampton council will not give permission for mooring there and the land has already has an enforcement order put on it

Please be careful if you want anymore info please contact me

Karina

Try looking up Blackthorne Lake Marina, Ringstead!!

It saddens me to find out that they are filling this once lovely lake with pontoons and boats.

Willy Watts, at Ringstead, on the other hand, now there's a proper riverside boatyard (please don't tell me he's gone all posh)!

Edited by carlt

Hi there this piece of land u r looking @ FORGET IT!!we put in an offer and it cost us over £1,000 for solicitors fees

the man selling it Tony (raymond Denny who now lives in the south of France really had our pants down

The northampton council will not give permission for mooring there and the land has already has an enforcement order put on it

Please be careful if you want anymore info please contact me

Karina

I wasted time and effort looking into the Nassington mooring as well but I never found out about the enforcement order, what was it?

I am now very relieved I didnt buy it. I put the photos up to warn people about it flooding as the owner claimed only 40% of the land floods!