Stolen from Great Haywood Area

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

Ahha! Spotted it! Ta!

stolen%20boat%20Barry%20Kenn2.jpg

Another one that didn't get away—the stolen boat Monterey being recovered by police. Barry Kenn of nb Sangohma tells us it has been overpainted with primer to disguise it, and was moored up on the Cannock Extension Canal at Norton Canes. He first noticed the boat yesterday, but not being aware of a boat going missing assumed it was on it's way to one of our local boatyards for a repaint, although puzzled by it's unusual mooring position. Then the police arrived.

(Oh, I do wish you could link directly to stories on That site.)

Edited by Chris J W

That's good news, what a waste though that the original paint scheme has been trashed. I am guessing that a complete strip to start again and repaint will be the only way to get it back to what it was.

Still, if I were the owner it would be a great relief to get it back within a reasonably short space of time. I hope the experience hasn't soured their dream of canal boating too much.

Saw a semi trad with a ski slope like that on the Wyrley and Essington last week, cant remember the colour, name or anything, just remember that it had a ski slope and a semi trad. Might be a bit of a long shot...

Looks like Sarah spotted it before anybody else.

Apologies if this has already been posted (I did do a search but did not find a posting).

I was passed a flyer this morning about a NB stolen between 7th & 13th Sept from the Greay Haywood area, which was seen being reversed from the area so may be heading towards Birmingham.

She is a 58' semi-trad with a Joshua style bow, with 3 portholes, a side hatch and two windows towards the bow (at least on one side).

Signwrited Monterey Colton on what would be the back cabin area and with the No.2.

If anyone knows how to post a pic, please message me and I will email the scanned poster of the boat.

The owner is Martin and his telephone number is 07973 305967.

Maybe as a reward you could hope for a victory against Litex Lovech, tomorrow night. :lol:

Oooo...you're good. :lol: I'd rather go with victory over Chelsea on Sunday, we're already 3-1 up in the Litex Lovech tie.

Edited by sarahavfc