buying a narrowboat

opus

Featured Posts

how many boats did you look at, before you bought one, ive looked at loads but have not found one i would buy, i know what i want but not found it yet :lol:

The first time round we only looked at two and bought the second one. The next one we fitted out ourselves.

Sue

how many boats did you look at, before you bought one, ive looked at loads but have not found one i would buy, i know what i want but not found it yet :lol:

Keep looking! That is just what we did - then we found it and we knew it was for us the minute we saw it!

Edited for spelling.

Edited by NB Alnwick

On line - 1000's, IRL only two.

I made a list of wants. This boat ticked everything on the list.

We were very very lucky. Two years on, I still love the hull - we have a semi tug - semi trad. There isn't a thing I'd change about the interior fit out, either. I sometimes have a look at expensive boats on the Abnb website, but I never see one that would suit us like this one does. We're very lucky.

On line - 1000's, IRL only two.

I made a list of wants. This boat ticked everything on the list.

We were very very lucky. Two years on, I still love the hull - we have a semi tug - semi trad. There isn't a thing I'd change about the interior fit out, either. I sometimes have a look at expensive boats on the Abnb website, but I never see one that would suit us like this one does. We're very lucky.

yes ive made a list, seen some nice ones, but they didnt feel right

When my partner and i were looking to buy, we went through lots of "No", "Maybe", "With a bit of work", "Might make that home" kind of boats, for many months.

Then we stepped aboard this one..... We both knew, instantly, that it was the right boat. We also knew without talking that the other half wanted it too.

Sometimes you just 'know'.... hopefully you'll step aboard that one :lol:

We've looked at lots and lots of boats!! I'm hoping we can agree soon - I thought I'd found our perfect boat recently but he wasn't interested. Similarly we've looked at a few boats and he's got excited and I'm unmoved. It is incredibly difficult - we've bought five houses since we've been married and I swear it was easier to choose them! Like the OP I'm sure the right one is out there somewhere.