Drill Powered Pump

GeoffS

Featured Posts

When reading some other topics some people referred to using a drill powered pump for pumping water out of bilges. Does anyone know where these can be bought from? Thanks

I used one recently to pump out my bilges - PAINFUL!!! I had visions of a hose out the window and leaving it run while I sipped tea. It has very poor 'lift' ie: it can only lift water about a foot so I had to pump into a bucket and constantly empty that over the side.

Thats the one - DRAPER - better than no pump at all, but only marginally!

Edited by WJM

I used one recently to pump out my bilges - PAINFUL!!! I had visions of a hose out the window and leaving it run while I sipped tea. It has very poor 'lift' ie: it can only lift water about a foot so I had to pump into a bucket and constantly empty that over the side.

Thats the one - DRAPER - better than no pump at all, but only marginally!

Thought we were onto something there - seems I have to go back to Plan A: a drain tap on the side of the fish tank (not on board!).

The Maplins battery one isn't a drill powered one:

n75cy.jpg

The maplins battery operated pump I found very useful during a recent emergency, worth it!

those drill powered pumps can be got from either Poundland or 99p stores, no need to cough up £4.99 plus for an identicial one from Maplins

The Maplins battery one isn't a drill powered one:

n75cy.jpg

Machine Mart do do one around £13 I think- Iv'e used it to empy a pond and it worked ok - it claims to be able to lift water 2m on the in side and up to 15m on the out. didn't need it to be that good for what I wanted but if its true should certainly be ok for emptying a water tank or bilge etc

Even though they can't pump that high as mentioned above they are handy... we pumped out over 100L of Diesel with one last year and it was okay.

I know someone even went as far as to empty their pump out with one, into a bucket which then went into the elsan point. Not the same pump of course.

I bought a Wolfcraft B2206 Super Pump With Collar 3000 1/H from Amazon for £16.07 and it is brilliant. It lifts up to a metre and a half easily and pumped out six inches of bilge water in around three or four minutes. Really works well.

Umm. Pumping water out of bilges - wouldn't that be a bilge pump?

A bit more expensive than some alternatives but no problems with either lift or volume. Also copes with the solid bits which 'drill pumps certainly don't.

It's worth carrying a spare anyway and if that spare has a few of metres of cable and hose attached, then its available for any emergency. Also good for sucking water out of the cut for boat washing.....

John

MV Sara

I bought a Wolfcraft B2206 Super Pump With Collar 3000 1/H from Amazon for £16.07 and it is brilliant. It lifts up to a metre and a half easily and pumped out six inches of bilge water in around three or four minutes. Really works well.

How on earth fo you get 6 inches of water in your bilges ? :D

Or do youy have a working boat ?

Or even a wooden boat ?

(Carl probably consider's 6 inches to be just "a little dampness" :D )