You live on a boat.

Whitewater

Featured Posts

For my sins, I'm one of the 43% of men who listen to 'womans hour on radio 4' this morning there ws an article about women living on canals alone. One was living somewhere on regents canal, another in leicester, i didn't hear the third as was unloading truck. So there are lone women about on the canal. wonder if the show is on iplayer..

David

:huh: And that would also put your goodself in the small percentage bracket of Lorry Driver's who listen to R4......the non-baseball cap contingent I always like to say :D

Edited by Orca

Hey, the base ball cap keeps the sun out of my eyes, I'm so short the visor on the truck doesn't come down far enough.

Back on topic, I suggest you hit on young women who long for adventure and are bored by chavs and suits.. Look for mud on their boots when they come into the pub.

Hey, the base ball cap keeps the sun out of my eyes, I'm so short the visor on the truck doesn't come down far enough.

Back on topic, I suggest you hit on young women who long for adventure and are bored by chavs and suits.. Look for mud on their boots when they come into the pub.

The man has hit the nail on the head.... girls who go to pubs in wellies!

B

My partner recorded the show on a minidisk this morning when I was out - we'll try and find a way of uploading it somewhere if we can figure out how.

I was wooed by way of narrowboat. It was THIS boat..... PiratePrincessEx.JPG We had many an (un)romantic evening trying to get shuteye in the boatmans cabin on the bunks, whilst chaos ensued in the rest of the vessel . The top bunk is a piece of broom handle and some canvas which sags in the middle and you spend the night getting kneed in the back by the person in the below bunk.

Boating, it's like marmite isn't it?

Any luck in uploading he minidisk?

B) And that would also put your goodself in the small percentage bracket of Lorry Driver's who listen to R4......the non-baseball cap contingent I always like to say B)

Correct how perceptive

The man has hit the nail on the head.... girls who go to pubs in wellies!

B

I've been to the pub in wellies many a time. Sadly I'm taken. :rolleyes:

I was wooed not by a boat but by the prospect of a boat, and the living in thereof. :)

I found purple farie in the pub wearing a pair of doc martins (amongst other stuff) she was stood on a stool polishing round the optics it was the bum wiggle that got me not the boots :rolleyes:

I have a theory: stop looking. :angry:

I'm a great believer that when you're not looking for a partner, and so are busy enjoying your own company and your own independence someone finds you. It's a very attractive quality that.

:lol:

Rubbish!!

I stopped looking a year ago and still haven't been found :angry:

You lot are mad, bark raving mad. There's this poor man wanting a bit of lovin and you lot turn this into a carry-on film. Well I say :lol:

First are you sure you want to date.... really sure :lol:

bba0023l.jpg

How to date a woman. Be yourself, be fun to be with or funny.

Failing that go back to that old tried and tested method of dating as used by our ancestors. Club and drag her back to your cave to cook your T-rex steak. Must have worked we are all around. :lol:

Edited by Noodles

It might be a bit tricky, T-rex steaks are not that easily come by these days, darn inconvenient of them to extinct themselves. :lol:

typical. Put a man in a kitchen to woo a women and a species goes extinct.

Edited by Bones

well, you are still looking if you know you haven't found.

Being indifferent may work for women because there'll always a man sniffing around whether you're interested or not, but Nige is right, it doesn't work for a man... unless you're rich of course, or fantastically good looking like me! :lol:

Edited by blackrose

You lot are mad, bark raving mad. There's this poor man wanting a bit of lovin and you lot turn this into a carry-on film. Well I say :lol:

or let them think you are filthy rich- simpler, and more effective, and as a bonus, they'll leave of their own acord when they realise there was a misunderstanding...

You lot are mad, bark raving mad. There's this poor man wanting a bit of lovin and you lot turn this into a carry-on film. Well I say :)

First are you sure you want to date.... really sure :lol:

bba0023l.jpg

Failing that go back to that old tried and tested method of dating as used by our ancestors. Club and drag her back to your cave to cook your T-rex steak. Must have worked we are all around. :wub:

The cartoon is a little close to the mark in more ways than one. Last time I went clubbing was the age of Techno, I tried alcohol that time, except it always a shock in the morning.