Red Diesel

tjr1234

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, tjr1234 said:

Thanks will give them a ring after this cuppa and the next lock. Don't have much hope though. Any ideas further on? 

Thanks so much!

There is Shepley Bridge Marina in Mirfield. Nothing about diesel on their web site, but worth a ring.

Shire Cruisers at Sowerby Bridge definitely used to and still have hire boats, so they will have diesel for their own use at least. Assuming you can get that far.

Just now, Jen-in-Wellies said:

There is Shepley Bridge Marina in Mirfield. Nothing about diesel on their web site, but worth a ring.

Shire Cruisers at Sowerby Bridge definitely used to and still have hire boats, so they will have diesel for their own use. Assuming you can get that far.

Maybe, maybe not wouldn't like to find out on the river haha

If you have a jerry can and are reasonably mobile, you may find a road garage selling red within walking distance. The area is very built up, so chances are reasonable. Worse case, you'll have to bite the bullet and buy road diesel to get you to Sowerby Bridge. Better that than risk the river sections without enough go juice.

If you ring south pennine boat club they could let you have 20ltr only as an emergency. They will need notice as it needs to be arranged. Next is Dave at bronte boats at Hebden brdge. Screenshot_20240328_091724_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_552138848227726.jpg.a6b8e3ba2dc938f747505275b41cc0ae.jpg

4 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

But the information is only as good as the feedback with updates. I put two in today 

6 hours ago, LadyG said:

Is it possible for some boater to set up a database for red, I'm sure there used to be a spreadsheet.

A guy on Facebook is writing an App. I would hold your breath on it working out well 

Just now, Jon57 said:

Probably in the leggers filling up as we speak 😁

😃 

The Leggers was the first time I came across them recycling beer pump things,

where the beer that overflows into the drip tray gets pulled back through again,

I didn’t like that idea,

”oh, it’s all hygienic” she said, as she wiped her nose on the back of her hand and put he r broken tissues back in her pocket before reaching to pull me a pint.

Can’t say it did me any harm after testing plenty 👍

I remember they got a bit mardy down in the office when I didn’t want to do a 60/40 split on the diesel

Just now, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

😃

where the beer that overflows into the drip tray gets pulled back through again,

I didn’t like that idea,

”oh, it’s all hygienic” she said, as she wiped her nose on the back of her hand and put he r broken tissues back in her pocket before reaching to pull me a pint.

Can’t say it did me any harm after testing plenty 👍

I remember they got a bit mardy down in the office when I didn’t want to do a 60/40 split on the diesel

They probably did 60/40split with the beer instead 🍻🍺👍

• Happy 1

2 minutes ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

There’s a good bar up at the Station too,

can’t remember the rest of the town mind,

Am I right it was a fair walk to the station ?

Not been in it I'm sad to say. Still in recovery after being in Halifax with Steve and Rose last week 😁 

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

😃

I came across that in Hull some 55 years ago, draining the drip tray into a pot

17 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

But the information is only as good as the feedback with updates. I put two in today 

A guy on Facebook is writing an App. I would hold your breath on it working out well 

The problem is, as always, one wants to know best prices if one needs 100l, but if its only to get you there, or they charge marina prices, one is inclined to buy smaller amounts, which is frustrating for the vendor and the boater.

I could have updated the list recently, but did not have the split, it was charged at £1.00 for cc,  Goole Boatyard, not Viking!

I signed a form, which they filled in.for me. I am happy with £1 a litre. I think some places make different charges for smaller amounts, which is reasonable, selling twenty litres will hardly cover costs

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

I think some places make different charges for smaller amounts

I think you can probably get a discount if you buy a significant volume. Not sure what that volume is but guess its greater than the volume of most boat tanks.

I have never heard of greater than the pump price charged for a smaller volumes.

The nearby marina is happy to sell 20L at domestic rate as long as it goes into a tub or jerry can and not into a boat.

4 hours ago, LadyG said:

I could have updated the list recently, but did not have the split, it was charged at £1.00 for cc,  Goole Boatyard, not Viking!

I signed a form, which they filled in.for me. I am happy with £1 a litre. I think some places make different charges for smaller amounts, which is reasonable, selling twenty litres will hardly cover costs

You sign a tax declaration and don't know what you signed for?