Mornings on the Bridgewater canal,

Dunclig

Featured Posts

Hi it was a genuine question I know it is near impossible to get one but why do people have to reply with sarcastic comments if you don’t have a proper reply don’t bother posting a comment. If you have nothing else to do than put a stupid comment like follow the unicorn herd then you need to get a hobby or a life. I thought someone might know if anyone is selling a boat or moving the boat to another location. I thought people would be more helpful but obviously some have nothing else to do with their lives and some of them have. Thanks to all the positive reply’s and the rest well I can’t say on here what I want to call you. 

• Greenie 2
  • Horror 1

19 minutes ago, Dunclig said:

Hi it was a genuine question I know it is near impossible to get one but why do people have to reply with sarcastic comments if you don’t have a proper reply don’t bother posting a comment. If you have nothing else to do than put a stupid comment like follow the unicorn herd then you need to get a hobby or a life. I thought someone might know if anyone is selling a boat or moving the boat to another location. I thought people would be more helpful but obviously some have nothing else to do with their lives and some of them have. Thanks to all the positive reply’s and the rest well I can’t say on here what I want to call you. 

Do you lack a sense of humour as well as a lack of mooring - morning?  There is no need to be offensive, I know what to call you too.

How many posts on here have you read about finding a residential mooring anywhere? There are loads.

There have been 2 posts recently on the same topic as yours.  Try the search function up top.

I am not stupid, I have a bit of life left and plenty of hobbies too, thank you.

As a new member, wind your neck back in and take a deep breath before running down other forum members; especially as you were silly enough to make two posts on the same subject which causes confusion on the forum.

I hope you do find a mooring on the Bridgewater but you will find it very difficult and expensive.

We do try to be helpful but if you thought you would be inundated with offers of moorings you were sadly mistaken.

If you had taken the trouble to read some of the similar posts you would not have had misconceived ideas  about what could be achieved from your posts.

Some punctuation in your posts would be helpful too or are you an ignoramus?

Edited by Tracy D'arth
  • Greenie 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Dunclig said:

Maybe because you asked a question that was asked only a few days ago so people get fed up with typing the same answer over and over again.

Here you go:

Guess what, that looks very much as if you posted that question and now re-ask it, but expect a different answer.

Now you try to alter the question: "I thought someone might know if anyone is selling a boat or moving the boat to another location".  If that is your question why not ask it at the start, you might get better answers. 

Don't get shirty when you seem to be acting as a bit of a prat and are taken as such.

Edited by Tony Brooks
  • Greenie 1

And when you say "near Boothstown Marina" it would help if you could give an indication of how far away from the marina would be acceptable. If you mean within a few hundred yards you would be better getting out there looking and talking to people on boats. If you mean within 20 or 30 miles then you would have a much better chance of finding something, since that range would also include CRT waters, and far more chance that somebody here might know of possible opportunities.

10 minutes ago, David Mack said:

And when you say "near Boothstown Marina" it would help if you could give an indication of how far away from the marina would be acceptable. If you mean within a few hundred yards you would be better getting out there looking and talking to people on boats. If you mean within 20 or 30 miles then you would have a much better chance of finding something, since that range would also include CRT waters, and far more chance that somebody here might know of possible opportunities.

That question was asked 5 days ago - but was never answered (probably the OP doesn't like to be questioned)

Post #9 :

When you say 'near' to Boothstown do you mean only on the Bridgewater canal or would any other North West locations be acceptable ?

How far away is 'acceptable' ?

1 hour ago, Dunclig said:

Hi it was a genuine question I know it is near impossible to get one but why do people have to reply with sarcastic comments

Make your mind up. As you already know its near impossible, why ask a second time? 

4 minutes ago, Dunclig said:

I didn’t ask a second time I just said there are clowns like you who reply with a sarcastic comment and you just  proved  my point. 

Of course you asked twice. You posted the same basic question twice! Gotcha!

• Greenie 1

You are not really helping your case by ignoring questions put to you about what distance away from Boothstown would be acceptable. With that information I am sure you would have had some locations suggested.

Your aggression while ignoring questions will not get you far. 

• Greenie 3

58 minutes ago, Dunclig said:

I didn’t ask a second time I just said there are clowns like you who reply with a sarcastic comment and you just  proved  my point. 

Another entitled youngster with attitude who thinks this is the way to get help. Very sad. 

I blame the parents!

1 hour ago, Dunclig said:

I didn’t ask a second time

Do you deny starting two seperate threads a couple of days apart asking for details of moorings on the Bridgewater ?

(Before you deny it, think carefully to avoid looking stupid)

6 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Do you deny starting two seperate threads a couple of days apart asking for details of moorings on the Bridgewater ?

I fear that ship has already sailed. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Especially as I posted a link to the first time he asked the question.

Dunclig, would you like to start afresh and answer the question of what distance from your prefered mooring you could consider and then we could give you some sensible suggestions?

Edited by Tracy D'arth

2 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Dunclig, would you like to start afresh and answer the question of what distance from your prefered mooring you could consider and then we could give you some sensible suggestions?

Obviously not. Oh well. Probably best if he/she/it signs out, rejoins under a new name and starts another thread...

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2024 at 17:22, Arthur Marshall said:

Obviously not. Oh well. Probably best if he/she/it signs out, rejoins under a new name and starts another thread...

Probably asking the same question again