JP2M swivel pin?

fittie

Featured Posts

21 hours ago, frangar said:

If you aren't in a hurry I can take measurements of mine but do remind me and I will need to pick up my callipers from work

Yes please and, if poss, a photo as I don't know what it should look like. Cheers!

26 minutes ago, fittie said:

Yes please and, if poss, a photo as I don't know what it should look like. Cheers!

I should be able to take a picture in the next couple of days but it will probably be the end of next week before I can get the callipers for an accurate measurement. 

I guess you mean the pin where the rod goes through that then goes to the bell crank and then to the injector pump? I’ll take some pictures of mine in situ so you can see how it fits together as well. 

5 hours ago, frangar said:

I should be able to take a picture in the next couple of days but it will probably be the end of next week before I can get the callipers for an accurate measurement. 

I guess you mean the pin where the rod goes through that then goes to the bell crank and then to the injector pump? I’ll take some pictures of mine in situ so you can see how it fits together as well. 

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, fittie said:

Thank you Frangar, it does. Merry Christmas.

I would just say check the dimension of the speed rod...Ive a feeling mine might not be original so the hole might need to be a size to suit what you have. 

Ive also realised the measurements dont add up and are 0.45mm out...but they might be close enough for a JP!

Just now, BEngo said:

I think the original would have been defined in imperial units.  Not too difficult to work them out though.

N

I purposely did it in metric as I thought that would be most useful to a machine shop if one needed to be made!!🤣....Last time I supplied imperial measurements to such a place there was much confusion and teeth sucking!

3 hours ago, frangar said:

I purposely did it in metric as I thought that would be most useful to a machine shop if one needed to be made!!🤣....Last time I supplied imperial measurements to such a place there was much confusion and teeth sucking!

Last time I supplied measurements to someone who machines stuff for a living I gave him metric measurements (for something that would originally have been defined in imperial), and he said I had confused him as he always works in imperial. And this from a chap aged about 30!

1 minute ago, David Mack said:

Last time I supplied measurements to someone who machines stuff for a living I gave him metric measurements (for something that would originally have been defined in imperial), and he said I had confused him as he always works in imperial. And this from a chap aged about 30!

You just can’t win! 

Once upon an earlier life I worked for a business that made turbochargers.  They were Imperial, as were most of the turbos we made, being of US origin.  The ones for the German, Japanese and Dutch markets were specified in SI units but the dimensions were converted so the stage drawings were all Imperial too.

The high tech Japanese machinery and robots that made the swarf didn't  seen to care what they were programmed in..

N

I took a list of bushing s I wanted to the bearing shop ........the 18yr old retard on the counter is WTF is all this ......its 16ths ,moron..........16 and 13 ,and 8 and 5 ,all these numbers are doing my head in........Out comes the manager ...whats going on ,you are stressing an employee.........After a bit of a discussion ,the manager brings out the entire stock of sintered bushes ,and solids too,and gives them to me ....$10 the lot ,and dont come back.

• Haha 1

On 28/12/2023 at 21:28, kevinl said:

Don't know what it means but when someone gets their "sintered bushes" it's time to leave.

K

A 'sintered' material is two (or more) materials ground up into a fine powder and squashed together under enormous pressure so they form a composite material. Bushes are an example often sintered bronze and graphite IIRC, so the graphite makes the bearing self-lubricating. 

I may have some details wrong, it is 50 years since I worked in a machine shop. 

• Greenie 1

On 30/12/2023 at 09:03, MtB said:

A 'sintered' material is two (or more) materials ground up into a fine powder and squashed together under enormous pressure so they form a composite material. Bushes are an example often sintered bronze and graphite IIRC, so the graphite makes the bearing self-lubricating. 

I may have some details wrong, it is 50 years since I worked in a machine shop. 

Only joking, but "sintered bushes" just sounds like some intimate lady gardening process.

K