Gas pipe size

Featured Posts

I hate the BS scheme more than almost anyone else because I first started living on Boats in 1994 and they brought it in as a legal requirement within months ! 

As it happens I have never had a BS scheme fail and all the inspectors I have had have been very pleasant gentlemen but I still have enormous issues with the whole principle and the invasion of the living space. 

I was quite shocked when someone told me that having the gas bottle by the fire was a Bad Idea. 

I did explain that this means any small leaks are sucked up by the draw from the fire itself but they were not convinced. 

It can also stop the regulator frreezing and means you can turn the gas orf any time you like easily. 

imagine you get a gas leak and a fire in the Boat. What do you want to do here? Turn the gas orf. 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Me too.I'm not sure I suggested otherwise.

No. You didn’t and I’m not aiming this at you at all.   Just probably labouring my long ago made original point that I asked a question about reg compliance and got a load of wrong info, lack of evidence and downright abuse in return.  (Not from you).  It’s all gone rather quiet from those members and from the provider of the incorrect info and their requested back-up. 

I’ve now laboured this beyond any usefulness so I’m out. 

Happy New Year to you all. 

Think that’s the 5th time I've left this thread.  😂😂😂

• Horror 1

11 minutes ago, magnetman said:

I hate the BS scheme more than almost anyone else because I first started living on Boats in 1994 and they brought it in as a legal requirement within months ! 

As it happens I have never had a BS scheme fail and all the inspectors I have had have been very pleasant gentlemen but I still have enormous issues with the whole principle and the invasion of the living space. 

I was quite shocked when someone told me that having the gas bottle by the fire was a Bad Idea. 

I did explain that this means any small leaks are sucked up by the draw from the fire itself but they were not convinced. 

It can also stop the regulator frreezing and means you can turn the gas orf any time you like easily. 

imagine you get a gas leak and a fire in the Boat. What do you want to do here? Turn the gas orf. 

Sounds to me more than just coincidence. Have you not considered they bought the BSS in because you started living on boats?

• Haha 1
  • Horror 1
  • Unimpressed 1

16 minutes ago, magnetman said:

And yet....

image.png.324cbfc6d3707fdcb75e8cf41983d9c1.png

Considered perfectly safe in houses and flats!!!

Its all due to ventilation. 

If there was no air in the Boat there would be nothing to worry about. 

Air is responsible for all the problems in the world. 

3 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Its all due to ventilation. 

If there was no air in the Boat there would be nothing to worry about. 

Air is responsible for all the problems in the world. 

No, that's CO2.

And religion of course. 

Just now, magnetman said:

Gas pipe wall thickness is known to be an issue for a number of different reasons. 

Don't be ridiculous, nobody cares about gas pipe wall thickness. If they did, it would be marked on the outside of the pipe. 

:ninja:

For anyone interested in acquiring a bubble tester for 3/8" imperial gas pipe, I contacted SoCal who responded as follows:

Fri 05/01/2024 13:04

I can make you a 3/8 Bubble Tester. As the brass required is in short supply, we don’t show them as available online.

If you would like one, can you email over your delivery and payment details, then I’ll get one off to you.

Regarding Imperial vs Metric… there is no technical preference for one or the other. The issue currently is the availability of imperial fittings since Wade stopped production. As a consequence, we have decided to not replace imperial fittings once they are sold.

We currently have a good stock of marine metric fittings from GOK.

7 minutes ago, magnetman said:

"I can make you a 3/8 Bubble Tester. "

Can they gold plate it please. 

Was it an AI based customer interaction service. 

No. A human. Called Peter.  

Socal simply change the fittings. 

• Greenie 1