Crane near to Stourbridge

CatherineS

Featured Posts

Hi all

first time posting

in the process of buying a boat which is currently in Yorkshire and is being transported by road to a place of our choosing

we have a winter mooring in Stourbridge by the bonded warehouse but need somewhere to get the boat into the water that’s close by.

We have tried Ashwood Marina but they only crane once a month and have just had this months already so we’re looking for other possibilities now

Tia 

Catherine 

Closest is Martin Brookes' yard near Stourton, he cranes in/out sometimes. Not very frequently but you could be lucky.

07802 444370.

Hawne Basin and Caggy's Yard both similar, about a day's journey because of all the locks.

Sirius Marine at Stourport is a day away with a crane on site, but they lift into the river which is currently in flood.

Alvechurch Marina has a crane on site and is a couple of days away.

Edited by Francis Herne

1 hour ago, Francis Herne said:

Closest is Martin Brookes' yard near Stourton, he cranes in/out sometimes. Not very frequently but you could be lucky.

07802 444370.

Passed there today and there doesn't look much space with a few boats out on the hard.

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, CatherineS said:

Thanks everyone - we aren’t sorting transport the seller is so I’ll see what they come up with

tried calling caggys and Martin Brookes a couple of times yesterday with no answer, might have to wait it out and see if ashwood can fit us in next month now. 

I thought Ashwood Marina stopped craning over the winter?

Their last crane being first week of November.

But it’s been 10 years since I used them, they may have changed things.

Edited by beerbeerbeerbeerbeer

Stretton boatyard seems the best option to me, unless Martin Brookes is able to do it which is unlikely tbh. I'd overlooked that option.

(Industry Narrowboats on the Shropshire Union -- there's another Stretton on the Oxford, also with a boatyard...)

Was trying to think if Oxley Marine at Wolverhampton have a crane but don't think so. They have a few boats on the side so must get one in occasionally.

4 minutes ago, Francis Herne said:

Stretton boatyard seems the best option to me, unless Martin Brookes is able to do it which is unlikely tbh. I'd overlooked that option.

(Industry Narrowboats on the Shropshire Union -- there's another Stretton on the Oxford, also with a boatyard...)

Was trying to think if Oxley Marine at Wolverhampton have a crane but don't think so. They have a few boats on the side so must get one in occasionally.

Yes, it was Stretton on the Shroppie I meant,

they have a crane permanently on sight which seems to be in regular use,

8 minutes ago, Francis Herne said:

there's another Stretton on the Oxford, also with a boatyard...

... but no crane. Rose Narrowboats at Stretton Stop have a slipway. Brinklow Boatbuilders at Stretton Wharf hire in a crane when required.

Edited by David Mack

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

... but no crane. Rose Narrowboats at Stretton Stop have a slipway. Brinklow Boatbuilders at Stretton Wharf hire in a crane when required.

2 hours ago, beerbeerbeerbeerbeer said:

Yes, it was Stretton on the Shroppie I meant,

they have a crane permanently on sight which seems to be in regular use,

Yep. Just wanted to be sure the original poster found the Shroppie one and was aware of the potential confusion.

Edited by Francis Herne

1 hour ago, CatherineS said:

Hi thanks all, just to save confusion is it industry narrowboats I’m looking for? As that’s what I’m finding on google when looking for stretton 

thanks 

yes, I believe it is,

I found this number for them:

07912 259638

I’ve never had any dealings with them so can’t speak for them but they are somewhere I might enquire in to this coming summer, I’d be interested to know how you get on with them should you choose their services. 

4 minutes ago, magnetman said:

Someone there knows how to put a kit boat together ! 

IMG_20231116_171808.jpg.ff1800d278be378fb21e157685f18391.jpg

Nice little Opduwer. I think they might have done two.

now that’s a little beauty,

some one with taste 😃

loving that 

..more I look maybe more I change me mind, looks like a fun boat though 

Edited by beerbeerbeerbeerbeer