Project Boats

Riverdee

Featured Posts

35 minutes ago, Riverdee said:

Hi All,

Do you have any suggestions for places in/near London where I can find project boats for sale, such as abandoned or old boats?

Thanks a lot,

Dee

Walk along the London waterways there always sems to be some derelicts (but then someone sticks their head out ....................)

At what level are you looking ?

Sunk ?

Sunk & Recovered ?

Stripped out but worn out hull ?

Hull needs £'000s of welding work ?

Suitable for immediate moving in ?

No engine - not movable ?

Fire damaged ?

Thanks for the replies, I was actually looking for a 'market' style, I've seen it on videos but not actually sure where its located. perhaps by docks?

I think majority of the boats they have are indeed as you mentioned

Sunk, Sunk & Recovered, Stripped out but worn out hull, No engine - not movable &/or Fire damaged.

2 hours ago, Riverdee said:

Hi All,

Do you have any suggestions for places in/near London where I can find project boats for sale, such as abandoned or old boats?

Thanks a lot,

Dee

CRT have a lot of old crap boats but I m not sure if there are any in London. You might struggle to get fitters in London, you could wander about and no doubt there will be a few FoR SaLe signs, that would be my approach.

I had a notion OP wanted a catering business, youtuber Holly the Café Boat are giving up: baby on board.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

These folks sell the Boats that C&RT sieze 

Commercial Boat Services in CHESTER | Boats and Outboards

This one sells burnt out wrecks etc :

boatwrecks.com/power.asp

Do a Googl search for 'boat scrapyards'

CBS are the main S8 contractor for CRT but don't let you walk around their yard without an appointment to see a specific boat (interesting place though)

Redhill (Kegworth) and Sirius Marine (Stourport) also do a bit of S8 work and often have projects, that's where my latest one came from. 

Most stuff on Boatwrecks is actually sold, there's a couple on there I tried to buy, including the unfortunately named "Warm Glow" which was fire damaged.

• Greenie 1