Internet offer

GUMPY

Featured Posts

Scancom Three Unlimited 5G Data SIM - Preloaded Every Month from now until 8th December 2025 - Perfect For Wifi Routers, Tablets & Phones - Business Grade Data, dual band https://amzn.eu/d/2Vqio1R

If you can put up with the "restricted coverage" of 3 and a fair usage  limit of 850gb/pcm  then it works out at £7pcm.

As my Smarty free months have run out I will be getting one.

Do you get a contract with Three until Dec 2025? Or a promise that Scancom will pay Three until that date? With the latter, if Scancom fail in 6 months time, it will have cost almost £35 per month.

(Not saying provider is a scam, just trying to understand the deal).

As I read it it's a deal provided by Scancom. I have had one of their EE sims and it's been faultless.

Scancom have existed since 1993 way longer than lots of the other resellers of mobile air time yet no one questions them.

On 21/08/2023 at 08:14, GUMPY said:

Scancom Three Unlimited 5G Data SIM - Preloaded Every Month from now until 8th December 2025 - Perfect For Wifi Routers, Tablets & Phones - Business Grade Data, dual band https://amzn.eu/d/2Vqio1R

If you can put up with the "restricted coverage" of 3 and a fair usage  limit of 850gb/pcm  then it works out at £7pcm.

As my Smarty free months have run out I will be getting one.

Have you got it yet, I make it £11 a month

Edited by ditchcrawler

It is now, when I posted that and bought mine it was on offer  £199 ;)

Replaced my 3 contract  at home £16.65 now down to just over £7 until 2025.

Still got enough credit for a couple of  Smarty months to go plus my 30days notice period from 3 so that will keep the caravan connected fir a while.

Edited by GUMPY

Just checked my Caravan/Boat internet use its about 65gb a month,  whilst browsing I found this deal

Three 80GB Data SIM - 5G Business-Grade Data Renewed Monthly until 8th July 2025 - Perfect for Wifi Routers, Tablets & Phones

https://amzn.eu/d/b4eIjQl

Works out at £3.13 a month.

This is an offer and can go back to list price at any time.

If I do run over 80gb i have some credit with Smarty left.

26 minutes ago, GUMPY said:

Just checked my Caravan/Boat internet use its about 65gb a month,  whilst browsing I found this deal

Three 80GB Data SIM - 5G Business-Grade Data Renewed Monthly until 8th July 2025 - Perfect for Wifi Routers, Tablets & Phones

The next deal up isn't bad if you use a bit more, I have just bought the one you posted as I come in about 40 a month

Not an absolute bargain, it's about their usual price per month (£250 until 8/6/2025=£12pcm), but still a good deal for unlimited data on EE if you do a lot of work/video/streaming:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/EE-Unlimited-Data-Sim-Preloaded/dp/B09W1NYQFS?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I checked our use at home and it's about 250GB per month, but that's with broadcast/recorded over-the-air TV -- with streaming only on the boat it could be higher...

23 hours ago, GUMPY said:

Mine has just arrived and I can always reactivate Smarty if need be

53 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Mine has just arrived and I can always reactivate Smarty if need be

As has my new one I still have £40 bonus credit with Smarty that I will hang on to.

Can't use it as Router is in the van 11 miles away

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Just tried mine at home and it works, comes in a genuine sealed Three package

Yes, however if you need any support it's registered by Scancom as a business account so you need to contact them

• 6 months later...

I see that the unlimited Scancom Three prepaid data SIM card on Amazon valid until the beginning of December 2025 has now gone up to £250 . That's not such a great deal as previously. 

I'm just wondering if 500GB/month would be enough for me as that's still £99. I work from home on a laptop and I'm often in Teams meetings. Apart from that I might occasionally stream a film or watch catch up on the iPlayer.

Do I need unlimited data?

Also do these Scancom cards let you see how much data you've used/got left at any particular time?

Edited by blackrose

5 minutes ago, blackrose said:

I see that the unlimited Scancom Three prepaid data SIM card on Amazon valid until the beginning of December 2025 has now gone up to £250 . That's not such a great deal as previously. 

I'm just wondering if 500GB/month would be enough for me as that's still £99. I work from home on a laptop and I'm often in Teams meetings. Apart from that I might occasionally stream a film or watch catch up on the iPlayer.

Do I need unlimited data?

Also do these Scancom cards let you see how much data you've used at any particular time?

Don't forget that the "unlimited" Scancom SIM has a 600GB "Fair Use Policy" anyway...

I got the 500GB one, which is considerably more data than I use from home with multiple PCs and WFH and phones and TV streaming. How much data do you use?

AFAIK there's no way to see how much data you've used, at least not easily (right now the 1pmobile SIM is still in the router).

3 hours ago, IanD said:

How much data do you use?

I've just checked and for my previous 3 months I've only been using between 38GB - 78GB/month!

So there's no point me getting an unlimited deal.

6 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

500GB one seems a far better deal.  Work out about £3.50pm

Yes I'll get a 500GB SIM

33 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

500GB one seems a far better deal.  Work out about £3.50pm

Unless I'm missing a Scancom special offer, £99 for 17 months (until 8/8/2025) is £5.80pcm...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-500GB-Data-SIM-Preloaded/dp/B0BDSH3V49

(always cheaper via Amazon since this includes VAT, prices direct from Scancom are + postage + VAT)

(also available is 80Gb is £70/16mths = £4.40/pcm, saving doesn't seem worth it)

All these are on Three, EE is *much* more expensive...

Edited by IanD

22 minutes ago, IanD said:

Unless I'm missing a Scancom special offer, £99 for 17 months (until 8/8/2025) is £5.80pcm...

Yes maybe Dora thought the 500GB SIM also expired in Nov 2025 like the unlimited one, when in fact it expires in Aug. But anyway it's still a good deal.

11 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Yes maybe Dora thought the 500GB SIM also expired in Nov 2025 like the unlimited one, when in fact it expires in Aug. But anyway it's still a good deal.

Yes it is, so long as you're happy with Three -- which many are, but UK-wide coverage (especially rural areas) is not as good as EE. I'm going to try using it as my main SIM and see what coverage and data rates are like compared to EE, which I have on my phone -- and also on the 1pmobile SIM as backup.