Fund Britain's Waterways. Birmingham Campaign Cruise. 12th - 13th August

Victor Vectis

Featured Posts

46 minutes ago, john6767 said:

If anyone did not see it check out the 6pm ITV Central news, the lead item was on the Sunday event and the impact on the canals.  There are people on it that many of you will know!

Can only find last night's edition on the ITV Central website currently.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

I'll check again later.

Link now available, it's ITV's first story: https://www.itv.com/news/central/2023-04-29/itv-central-west-catch-up-on-the-latest-programme-for-the-west-midlands. Oops, I see Brian's posted at the same time! Apologies for the dangling fender Brian.

Edited by wandering snail

13 minutes ago, jet_ said:

We'll be there on the towpath to support, was a bit far to bring the boat so we've taken the train in.

Take a brolly, it's raining. Sadly we won't make it, moored in Oldbury as nearest the vets where our dog has had an overnight stay as became very poorly yesterday. Looking forward to seeing all the coverage on the Beeb, ITV (mainly tomorrow on Central News at 6pm) and on the webinar.

I came to the back of the boat to find two pairs of legs standing on the counter.

They belonged to the people from the boat breasted up next door who were being interviewed by a youth from the regional ITV news.

Edited by Victor Vectis

16 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

I came to the back of the boat to find two pairs of legs standing on the counter.

They belonged to the people from the boat breasted up next door who were being interviewed by a youth from the regional ITV news.

That's the wonderful Lewis Warner, such a supporter of the BCN at such a tender age! He's covered the threats to the canal system from lack of funding since November last year, the first I think of any of the main stream media channels to do so. See https://www.itv.com/news/central/2022-11-15/canals-will-go-to-wreck-and-ruin-over-failure-to-commit-to-funding-upkeep

Edited by wandering snail