The Watersedge Cafe, Standedge Tunnel

Featured Posts

Chatting to a someone who recently visited The Watersedge Cafe at Standedge Tunnel. Whilst there he had learnt that the cafe is closed on a Monday and Tuesday. Potential customers were turning up on these days to use the cafe having looked at CRT visitor centre website, see link below, which states it's open seven days a week. I understand the cafe owner has repeatedly requested CRT amend their website which they have failed to do.
I wonder if they will update their website, once  the centre is closed, to say the centre is now longer open.

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/places-to-visit/standedge-tunnel-and-visitor-centre

58 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Link says closed Mon & Tues, but open 7 days in school hols, schools here have not broken up yet

You don't really expect the OP to check the facts before setting the hares running !

Some folks just cannot be bothered to read what is published ...........................

Screenshot (2177).png

26 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You don't really expect the OP to check the facts before setting the hares running !

Some folks just cannot be bothered to read what is published ...........................

Screenshot (2177).png

Obviously we need more blue signs in the area.  I'll suggest it to Dicky P next time I see him ... 😁

Ha har!

yes I see.

so the visitor centre website tells us the coffee house is open!

when the Waterside Cafe says it’s not!

and the visitor centre has decided to refer to the Waterside Cafe as ‘the Coffee House’.

this has the smell of CRT management 🧐

so yes...more Blue Signs needed

Edited by Goliath
  • Greenie 1
  • Horror 1

As far as i recall, when it's no longer "boating season" the cafe is fully shut as it's a CRT building, despite them not running the cafe itself. Much to the annoyance of all and sundry who walk/drive/cycle up there.

This may have changed in the last year or two though as i've not been down for a while.