'3' Router

Clodi

Featured Posts

I need to change network as lately 3 has become next to useless when we are at our mooring. I have a 3 'SoyeaLink B535-333 router with an external antenna which works really well when there is a signal to be had.

Does anyone know if I can just swap the sim out for one from another provider or do I need to get another router?

Thanks

Yes you can just swap the SIM out but you will need to change the default APN to that of the new supplier. I swap between Smarty and EE and when it restarts it says no internet and asks you to log on to the web interface i.e. 192.168.8.1 .

Bottom of second page is a list of the APN registered on the device and you just choose the one you want.

I use this for EE as mostly on Smarty

EE PAYG SIM card preloaded with 120GB of Data https://amzn.eu/d/54zPI5X

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Have you tried messing with the settings on the router, I had to force a specific channel recently as my speed was very poor but managed to go from useless to 36mb.

Do you have a link for instruction on how to do this? Would be handy to try this as off on a cruise soon.

6 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

Do you have a link for instruction on how to do this? Would be handy to try this as off on a cruise soon.

I play around with the app LTE Manager which exposes various settings.

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, Clodi said:

I need to change network as lately 3 has become next to useless when we are at our mooring. I have a 3 'SoyeaLink B535-333 router with an external antenna which works really well when there is a signal to be had.

Does anyone know if I can just swap the sim out for one from another provider or do I need to get another router?

Thanks

Have you asked Three for advice, I believe there are different settings available

With the two Teltonika routers I've purchased (a RUT950 and a RUTX50), we've never had to manually specify APN settings, they've picked the settings up automagically. But they're a wee bit better than the standard cheapo routers you can get

11 minutes ago, sigsegv said:

With the two Teltonika routers I've purchased (a RUT950 and a RUTX50), we've never had to manually specify APN settings, they've picked the settings up automagically. But they're a wee bit better than the standard cheapo routers you can get

Doubt they are better spec than a Huawei B818, more expensive Yes but better? I doubt it.

I don't have to manually specify APN settings they are picked up automatically, I just choose which set to use.

Edited by GUMPY

18 hours ago, LadyG said:

Have you asked Three for advice, I believe there are different settings available

I've been with 3 for 2 years but they have changed their app and you have to re-register. Unfortunately for some inexplicable reason I am unable to re-register as they don't have my email, I often actually get emails from them but it's a case of 'the computer says no'. I've spent hours on the phone and they've tried their best but they cannot get me re-registered. Recently their service is rubbish, they've credited me a free month but we're pretty peed off with them to be honest.