C&RT License Survey

Arthur Marshall

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Goliath said:

it won’t spoil my day

But it’s ok you having an opinion on here about license fees but it’s another thing taking part regards the consultation. 

you are not a license holder and should not be invited for feedback

and as a license holder I will happily question CRT why they feel the need to open up feedback to non license payers for opinions 👍

It won't make any difference, the decision as to what to do has almost certainly already been made.

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Then no need to feedback, now you know you’re view is not relevant

It's as relevant as yours. Possibly more so, since I seem to care about the future of the canals and you seem resigned to them going down the toilet. Or maybe that's an unfair assumption and I'm confusing you with somebody else with a similar attitude...

P.S. Your... 😉

Edited by IanD

3 minutes ago, Goliath said:

I tell you what, shall we skip the dancing and go straight to the end where you call me names such as shit stirrer or asshole and then flounce off.

Id be happy with that.

😉

😉 

😉

If the cap fits... 😉

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

I tell you what, shall we skip the dancing and go straight to the end where you call me names such as shit stirrer or asshole and then flounce off.

Id be happy with that.

😉

😉 

😉

He just cant help himself can he?

Yet when others do this he gets his underwear in a right knot. But when you point this out he really sulks and blocks you.

Oh I also see hes resorted to grammar checking now. What a sad little man.

10 minutes ago, M_JG said:

He just cant help himself can he?

Yet when others do this he gets his underwear in a right knot. But when you point this out he really sulks and blocks you.

Oh I also see hes resorted to grammar checking now. What a sad little man.

Ha ha I didn’t realise he’d grammar checked. 
I’d changed what I was gonna say see..

I was gonna “say you’re a ### and your view…” but thought better of it. 

Just now, Goliath said:

Ha ha I didn’t realise he’d grammar checked. 
I’d changed what I was gonna say see..

I was gonna “say you’re a ### and your view…” but thought better of it. 

If he just stuck to the technical stuff without the constant need to grind people down untill he gets the very last word.

He must be a hoot to work with.

1 minute ago, M_JG said:

If he just stuck to the technical stuff without the constant need to grind people down untill he gets the very last word.

He must be a hoot to work with.

Your joking? He spends all day on here like the rest of us, must be retired.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

It won't make any difference, the decision as to what to do has almost certainly already been made.

In which case, why bother with a consultation? All that does for CART is risk causing more bad feelings if the consultation recommends one thing and they do the pre-decided opposite...

I suspect there's a fairly big average license fee increase in the offing -- and that *is* already decided -- and they're now asking boaters which type of pain they'd like to suffer, so they can say "we gave you a choice and you chose this"... 😞

2 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Your joking? He spends all day on here like the rest of us, must be retired.

Not yet...

5 hours ago, Ray T said:

Faced with the growing pressures of maintaining ageing waterways and the increased threat of climate change,

"Ageing waterways", yes agreed. "threat of climate change" they can kiss my hairy white ass.

So called 'climate change' is just 'woke' brainwashing by the World Ecoonomic Forum, Klaus Schwab (I vill rule ze Vorld) and his elite far right 'jackbooted cronies' and CRT are just jumping on the bandwagon.

Consultation is code for, it's a done deal whether you like it or not, and we want a pay rise.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

The boy stood on the burning deck
Smoke billowing through the air
‘I can’t stand it any more!’ he cried,
And sat down on a chair

Edited by Smiles
  • Unimpressed 1

3 minutes ago, Goliath said:

CCers (I hate that term) should get a discount. 
Everyone knows if locks aren’t used they go bad, dry out and fail. 
Locks collect debris and need flushing out. 

We’re doing the system a favour. 👍

Caring for it by using it. 

Use it or lose it.

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, wandering snail said:

Yes, as could anyone throughout the world. By the way, not sure how responders can answer questions about continuous cruiser licences when there is no such licence. Haven't seen the rest of the survey yet but do hope it is less subjective and much more accurate than the one question I have seen.

If you read the FAQ relating to the consultation, that addresses this point.

33 minutes ago, john6767 said:

If you read the FAQ relating to the consultation, that addresses this point.

The FAQs also pretty much confirm what's been said on this thread -- there is going to be a significant overall increase, they're considering going to an area-based (width*length) license to reflect the "utility that each boat receives", they're considering a surcharge for CCers because "they cost more to support".

All these are controversial and there are strong feelings for and against them; I suspect CART don't care what the exact outcome is so long as they raise more money, the consultation is about how to spread the increase around.

So it's likely that whatever the majority of people who respond vote for will get implemented, even though a minority will undoubtedly be unhappy with the result whatever happens, and the arguments about what is "fair" will continue until the canals run dry.

Sounds horribly familiar... 😞

Edited by IanD