Pagans Afloat

Stourbridgeguy

Featured Posts

Could someone please confirm that the link I posted refers to 'non-belief in a deity','godlessness' and 'rejection of theism' before I start believing I'm the only one not on planet anthony?

Just looked and there's no belief in deities required. Thank the (non-existent) Lord, I thought I was going to have to change my (non-)religion!

Also, Anthony's friend the atheist seems like a reasonable chap if he's prepared to change his views. I've changed some of mine when it's become quite apparent that I was wrong. As Mr Russell said, "I'd never die for my beliefs, I may be wrong"...

Seeing as this has turned into a general religion debate. The closest description for me is a humanist although there is no way I could actually describe myself so, as Polly Toynbee is the president.

So good luck with the setting up of an altar, and document it so other pagans who have the same question will be able to refer to your findings.

Edited by fuzzyduck

Seeing as this has turned into a general religion debate. The closest description for me is a humanist although there is no way I could actually be a member as Polly Toynbee is the president.

So good luck with the setting up of an altar, and document it so other pagans who have the same question will be able to refer to your findings.

Hurrah for humanism!!! ra ra ra!!

Seeing as this has turned into a general religion debate. The closest description for me is a humanist although there is no way I could actually describe myself so, as Polly Toynbee is the president.

Sorry Fuzzy, but surely you mean 'barely humanist':-

DSC03842.jpg

Hurrah for humanism!!! ra ra ra!!
my thoughts exactly :rolleyes:

I used it as an illustration only.why the hell someone who believes in nothing, but generally being "nice" want to pay £35 a year to belong to such a group. It almost strikes me as a sort of an attempt to claim the agnostics and athiests as part of a religion.

Sorry Fuzzy, but surely you mean 'barely humanist':-
:rolleyes: There is a story behind that pic, i'm sure Johnny will enlighten you.

oh sod it I will, that is my "i'm scared" face after upsetting one of the forum admins on another forum. not a good pic, but there was beer involved.

Edited by fuzzyduck

Could someone please confirm that the link I posted refers to 'non-belief in a deity','godlessness' and 'rejection of theism' before I start believing I'm the only one not on planet anthony?

Why bother .... the ghost hunter will try and get the last word in, anyway :rolleyes:

I am a believer. Getonwithitism. The first, and only, instruction (commandment?) is 'thou shalt get on with it and stop fannying about'.

not sure I like that religion, If we all believed, what would happen to lazy summer evenings chilled out in pub beer gardens?

"I belive that there exists a giant cosmic pixie, who made all, knows all and can do all, but is so fantastically insecure that he requires us to tell him how great he is on a daily basis on pain of everlasting torture", and then expect me to respect that opinion just because it's "religious"

If you are going to take the pith out of the Giant Cosmic Pixie I am not playing anymore.

*goes off to sulk*

I think then, perhaps, that you would be far better with a halter rather than an altar. I keep one about me because Zita , while were booking some hotel or other , once asked "Do you fancy the bridal sweet" - and I couldn`t find one anywhere.Sorry - it`s an old Princess Anne/Mark Phillips/honeymoon joke!I believe in what I believe , and I try to live by it - but no extreme views are allowed onto my boat - not even my own if we`ve got company. Must say though , I`m surprised a pagan actually needs a permanent altar - equally I don`t know why a real Christian needs a church. Each to his/her own though as far as I`m concerned which , of course, has to include the occasional good wind-up hereabouts!Phil

Scots presbeterians don't, I think, at least not of the ornate kind, additionally, has anyone any views on The Levitating Super-Turtle and the sexual predelictions thereof?

Edited by tomsk

What on earth are you talking about referring to me as a ghost hunter?

You are just an ignorant person and know nothing about me.

Next you will be saying anyone who wears the veil is a suicide bomber judging by the seemingly prejudice statements you make.

Oh but how dare I complain its all a joke after all ha fu**ing ha.

Atheists who feel the need to read an online encyclopedia to understand what they dont believe in now there's a joke.

Edited by anthony

It was you who said you were a Spiritualist.

I prefer the term 'table tapper' to 'ghosthunter' though.

Oh and it was you who first referred to wikipedia. Personally, I don't have a lot of faith (ha) in it as a credible source but you seemed happy to link to it so I'm happy to use it to counter your inaccuracies.

Edited by carlt

You are just an ignorant person and know nothing about me.

Next you will be saying anyone who wears the veil is a suicide bomber judging by the seemingly prejudice statements you make.

Oh but how dare I complain its all a joke after all ha fu**ing ha.

Atheists who feel the need to read an online encyclopedia to understand what they dont believe in now there's a joke.

The next time, get one of your spirit guides to explain things to you :rolleyes: