Pagans Afloat

Stourbridgeguy

Featured Posts

The Dalai Lama is in New York for a conference and is feeling a bit peckish. He pops out of the conference centre and goes to a hot dog stand. Meeting the common man and all that.

"What'll it be, sir?" asks the hot-dog seller.

"Make me one with everything," says the Dalai Lama.

:rolleyes:

I dont need a crutch or comfort blanket and dont follow any religious way of life that is exactly what makes Spiritualism different as you can take it as much or as little as you like as it dose not dictate you live your life in any way unlike other religions.

As for free thinking do you seriously think I dont think for myself?

I still don't think you have any idea what Spiritualism (capital S) is, or stands for.

But, if there's something strange, in my neighbourhood, I'll call you.

Edited by carlt

I admit to having a bit of fun now and then but mostly I direct it away from those with faith of any sort as it their choice (as my disbelife is mine) andwho am I to say that they are wrong? They may after all be right.

The harmless mickey taking of god botherers is nothing compared to "You are a mortal sinner and will rot for eternity in the fiery pits of hell, because you think I'm silly" which is what passes for "joshing with the opposition" in godsville.

I dont need a crutch or comfort blanket and dont follow any religious way of life that is exactly what makes Spiritualism different as you can take it as much or as little as you like as it dose not dictate you live your life in any way unlike other religions.

As for free thinking do you seriously think I dont think for myself?

anthony anthony anthony

you have fallen into the trap of allowing the comrades to vent their fury on you

and they have gone after you like a pack of hounds

keep your opinions and beliefs to yourself

unless of course you are lucky enough to

"BE LIKE WHAT THEY ARE"

anthony anthony anthony

you have fallen into the trap of allowing the comrades to vent their fury on you

keep your opinions and beliefs to yourself

unless of course you are lucky enough to

"BE LIKE WHAT THEY ARE"

The only one getting remotely upset here, cugsey, is Anthony, everyone else seems to be having fun. Fury? I don't think so.

Huh? All I've seen is some discussion, airing of views and a bit of harmless mickey-taking fun. One would have to be particularly thin-skinned to take any offence at any of the posts on this thread....

Janet

Yes ... initially, the missionary style was favoured, but there seems to be a move towards doggie fashion nowadays :)

I believe that at one point a flexible mount was required but now a firmer coupling is recommended :blink:

Still no replies to the advert for virgins though <_<

Personally I'm all in favour of a bit of humour - faith is far too important to be taken seriously.

i spent 12 years of my life with a woman for whom underwear was a evil concept of the devil, for whom masturbation was a direct route to hell and anything other than the missionary position was the work of the devil himself. She was a member of a break away christian sect, better known as the "Wee Frees".

Give me a Pagan any day!

Edited by cuillean_dubh

i spent 12 years of my life with a woman for whom underwear was a evil concept of the devil, for whom masturbation was a direct route to hell and anything other than the missionary position was the work of the devil himself. She was a member of a break away christian sect, better known as the "Wee Frees".

Give me a Pagan any day!

You've met my ex, then ....

Give me a Pagan any day!

No "Flirty fishing" or "god's whores" with that lot them?

I still don't think you have any idea what Spiritualism (capital S) is, or stands for.

But, if there's something strange, in my neighbourhood, I'll call you.

To suggest I have no idea what Spiritualism is is daft as you have no idea of the extent of my knowledge.

If I wish you to correct my use of capitals and insult me further please do by all means give me a call and invite me round. :blink:

To suggest I have no idea what Spiritualism is is daft as you have no idea of the extent of my knowledge.

If I wish you to correct my use of capitals and insult me further please do by all means give me a call and invite me round. :blink:

I don't recall insulting you at all.

Spiritualism is the belief that mediums can pass messages on from the dead, to their relatives in the audience, sorry, congregation, so the harmless mickey taking, by referring to Ghostbusters, is entirely relevant, with no offence meant and certainly not an insult.

Ghostbusters_1024.jpg

Edited by carlt

me thinks its always a bad idea trying to discuss something which is close to your heart on forums because inevitably people end up upset or what have you? :blink:

thats why lots of members who have been here a while don't go there.

Edited by Halo

Nearly all the posts on here have had a jocular air, with precious few dummy-spitting exceptions. We can't stop having a bit of playful banter just because some people are irrationally prickly? Can we?

Mind you, I was a bit upset at Tomsk's rubbishing of my abba-esque belief in angels. Sob.