galvanic isolator

Feeby100

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I presume you realise that a 32A bollard socket looks quite different from a 16A one? So it’s not about some tiny writing somewhere, it’s about the general shape and size of the socket.

I've seen 64 amp sockets at work but I don't think I've ever seen a 32 amp socket.

Am I correct in thinking that a 32 amp GI can be used for 16 amp supplies without any issues?

If 32 amp supplies are becoming more common then I might change the one I've bought for the 32 amp GI. I only want to upgrade once.

Edited by blackrose

• 2 months later...
On 11/06/2021 at 20:23, ditchcrawler said:

As this post was 1 April I though I would add this which I saw today

smallDSCF5135 (2).jpg

Nothing wrong with a Christmas tree adaptor like that as long as the socket has the appropriate overcurrent protection...but for the love of god get a little 2m 16a cable so it's not pulling on the socket like that! 

I work in temporary event electrics and see some horrors like this far too often...

48386639_10216237561203561_2800083205409996800_n.jpg.6de4cd936e931fe213e967b55f741ac2.jpg

• Horror 1

17 minutes ago, cheesegas said:

I work in temporary event electrics and see some horrors like this far too often...

Unfortunately that seems to be the norm with smaller companies.

I have been known to cut up 32-16 and 63-32 adapters, much to the annoyance of my then MD. Allowed me to build the same thing but with MCBs in line.

• Greenie 1