has anyone seen Bees Knees?

Knotty

Featured Posts

Originally Moored in Cropredy area,( All Irish accent, apart from Hubby Andrew from Brum) Kids attended the school there. The eldest daughter Gemma had been very Poorly and I wondered how she was doing as she was my daughters best friend at school and we have lost touch. There youngest was called Willow.

Hoping Gemma is Ok, I believe she had attended hospital in Ireland, alougth not to sure?

Beez Neez was here at Pitstone Wharf recently being repainted by the new painting business here - Carnzu - which is VERY good by the way, seen some lovely boats coming out.

I don't really know the owners of Beez Neez, but they used to have arts and crafts for sale at the White Lion in Marsworth before it changed hands about 6 months ago.

neil.

....................at Pitstone Wharf recently being repainted by the new painting business here - Carnzu - which is VERY good by the way, seen some lovely boats coming out.

neil.

I have had mixed feedback about their paint jobs. They seem to look good but they take the boat back to bare metal and spray it rather than roller and/or brush it so it will be very thin coats.

A friend of mine was quoted £7000 for a complete respray there including artwork (62' NB). He managed to get a quote for £6200 including artwork from one of the country's (allegedly) top painters who paints with a brush and has booked it in with him.

Chris

Hmmm I seem to remember the boat being either green or red.. I could be compleatly wrong! The family have two boats which they travel on, however I cant remember what the other one was called ( however it was quite small) Not much use really am I :lol: I believe Gemma was diagnosed with lukemia, she had been very ill just before we moved house... Then I lost contact :) ...hence why I was thinking of her x and hoping she was doing ok ( approx 2 yrs ago )

Beez Neez was here at Pitstone Wharf recently being repainted by the new painting business here - Carnzu - which is VERY good by the way, seen some lovely boats coming out. I don't really know the owners of Beez Neez, but they used to have arts and crafts for sale at the White Lion in Marsworth before it changed hands about 6 months ago. neil.
Did you notice if they were irish ( hubby a Brum) and if they had children. Gemma would be 11ish the younger willow approx 5/6 now Edited by Knotty

Hmmm I seem to remember the boat being either green or red.. I could be compleatly wrong! The family have two boats which they travel on, however I cant remember what the other one was called ( however it was quite small) Not much use really am I :lol: I believe Gemma was diagnosed with lukemia, she had been very ill just before we moved house... Then I lost contact :) ...hence why I was thinking of her x and hoping she was doing ok ( approx 2 yrs ago )Did you notice if they were irish ( hubby a Brum) and if they had children. Gemma would be 11ish the younger willow approx 5/6 now

can't help other than to say i'm sure the Pitstone/Marsworth Beez Neez is a different one.

Simon.

Hmmm I seem to remember the boat being either green or red.. I could be compleatly wrong! The family have two boats which they travel on, however I cant remember what the other one was called ( however it was quite small) Not much use really am I :lol: I believe Gemma was diagnosed with lukemia, she had been very ill just before we moved house... Then I lost contact :rolleyes: ...hence why I was thinking of her x and hoping she was doing ok ( approx 2 yrs ago )Did you notice if they were irish ( hubby a Brum) and if they had children. Gemma would be 11ish the younger willow approx 5/6 now

This Beez Neez are definitely not Irish and have Indian connections hence their wonderful shop full of Goan sandals, pashminas, and other wonderful ethic clothing and jewellery.

There are quite a few boats called Bees Knees or slightly different spelling of the same. It is also possible that they sold the boat and moved back onto dry land and then the boat has changed hands and name. Why not try writing to BW craft licensing and see if they can identify the boat for you. They won't be able to tell you because of the dataprotection act but if they can work out who you mean they will forward your letter.

Debbi

Definitely said Bees Knees because I remembered this thread as we passed it. A green boat, I think. Didn't look like anyone was on board though.

seen today passing me on the Oxford in Jericho this morning - read this thread after seeing it otherwise I would have skipped out and examined the skipper a bit more.

• 2 months later...

I am the one which was seen at Cropredy, Banbury, The South Oxford, Jericho and Hatton Flight. I also sport a beard , a Scottish accent, and a big Alsation but I am The Beez Neez.

The boat is green and blue and has not been painted in 2007

I have passed two other spellings, one just outside of Lymm and the other south of Kingswood Junction. The one outside Lymm was on a long term mooring and the one south of Kingswood was having a ladies coffee morning when I passed.

Uncabob

• 7 months later...
I have had mixed feedback about their paint jobs. They seem to look good but they take the boat back to bare metal and spray it rather than roller and/or brush it so it will be very thin coats.

A friend of mine was quoted £7000 for a complete respray there including artwork (62' NB). He managed to get a quote for £6200 including artwork from one of the country's (allegedly) top painters who paints with a brush and has booked it in with him.

Chris

Hi Knotty,

There used to be a boat called Bees Knees moored just by Wootton Wawen a while ago. My failing memory has it that the boat was basically a sort of dark maroon colour. That was owned by a family with 2 young girls.

I believe they eventually sold the boat and towpath rumour has it they moved landside to Henley in Arden.

If you like I can ask around as I'm in the area.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...