Marina/mooring fees

Gordon Chesterman

Featured Posts

I've just got notification for next year's mooring fees for my narrowboat: £48 per foot in a well maintained, secure, centrally-located marina (on the Fens in East Anglia) with free use of showers, loos, water and electricity.

Is this a bargain or am I being ripped off...?

Regards,

Gordon

I think this depends where you are (London being the most expensive).

Ours are £34 per foot per year (Leicestershire), but there is a yearly service charge of £280 payable at the start of each year. It's OK for what it is, but I'd rather pay less, have less services, but more of a view!

Edited to say, this does NOT include electricity, just showers, toilets and water (and elsan disposal). Pump out, leccy and washing are all extra.

Edited by StoneHenge

I'm on roughly 33.00 per foot per year (this is inclusive of VAT, I actually worked it out, like someone with too much time). This is in Nottingham, and we have bugger all facilities, but they do let us stay there residential, so I can't complain really.

Where are you? Can we all move there? :mellow:

You can have my spot if I can find a nice residential mooring! We're currently at Rawcliffe Bridge on the Aire & Calder. It's opposite the Croda chemical place and is considered to be in a blast zone, so we're not even supposed to stay there overnight. It's a convenient place to leave the boat, but that's about it.

I used to pay £63 per foot per year, a price which had pretty much doubled in 3 years. River Avon near Bristol.

Ouch.

that's about what we pay in Bristol Marina - all services available, pay for leccy. Very central of course, can throw stones at the SS Great Britain if I took a mind to :mellow: . Same price on or off the water.

I've just got notification for next year's mooring fees for my narrowboat: £48 per foot in a well maintained, secure, centrally-located marina (on the Fens in East Anglia) with free use of showers, loos, water and electricity.

Regards,

Gordon

£20/ft pa

Electric available free if I move to it

Water

Showers

Toilets

Free use of workshop

Elsan Disposal

Slipway £40 for a week

But this is in a boat club marina. Membership £56pa

Edited by AlanH

£49 a foot. Described as a marina, has some pontoons but our mooring is online, against the bank (we pay more than the moorers on pontoons, theirs is fixed at £1700 a year but 45ft max length). It's a secure mooring, high fence, razor wire, gate and we have (metered) electricity, but no water to pontoons although there is a tap here, Elsan disposal, showers and loos and (v. v. expensive) laundry room are not on the mooring but just outside. It sounds expensive, but it's not at all for London.

I wouldn't want a mooring anywhere else though. I can't think of anywhere else in London where you can't see a single house in any direction, yet it's only 10 mins to the tube.

Iceni: is that Croda in Konttingley? It's my hometown. Stinkin' bloody Knottingley as my gran used to call it.

I pay £350 per year. No facilities whatsoever apart from car parking in the farmyard. If I need to get water, empty loo, a rubbish bin I have to travel an hour up the cut. My back garden is the pennines and I wouldnt change it for the world. For me the area is more important than the facilities. the only compromise I have to make is when I go to work I put on my suit, grab the laptop and............don my wellies!!!! Its a hard life!!!

Dave

Regards,

Gordon

£29 per foot per year at Lyme View on the Maccy - no leccy. Good value except we haven't actually got the boat there yet!!

SteveE

£16.96 per foot, maintenance charge of £175 per annum, on 30 year lease. £39.47 per foot if annual mooring. Secure marina, facilites include electricity and water to each pontoon, laundry, showers, loos, elsan and pump out disposal, diesel, landscaped and wooded areas, secure car parking. Love it!

Stickleback.