private mooring fees?

tats

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

It would be a lot quicker to count those who agree with you. 

They don't necessarily have to advertise. They can see what it's like on here. Such a lot of small c conservatives, who enjoy being treated like crap, because the canal is worth it.

10 minutes ago, Higgs said:

They don't necessarily have to advertise. They can see what it's like on here. Such a lot of small c conservatives, who enjoy being treated like crap, because the canal is worth it.

Translated from Higgsian.... 0!

Possibly, I'm wrong, can you quote any posts supporting your proposition. 

6 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Translated from Higgsian.... 0!

Possibly, I'm wrong, can you quote any posts supporting your proposition. 

I've no idea what "Higgsian" is. ??

Edited by Higgs

53 minutes ago, Higgs said:

Weak.

So why not lobby the marina owners and your fellow moorers to have the marina stopplanked and disconnected? Avoids the licence fee for you, marina can avoid the 9% and you all get to enjoy floating in a small pond.

15 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

So why not lobby the marina owners and your fellow moorers to have the marina stopplanked and disconnected? Avoids the licence fee for you, marina can avoid the 9% and you all get to enjoy floating in a small pond.

Pssst! It's like this. Some people actually have a use for the licence. They take their' boats out of the marina, and all that licence money makes sense.

Edited by Higgs

5 hours ago, Higgs said:

Pssst! It's like this. Some people actually have a use for the licence. They take their' boats out of the marina, and all that licence money makes sense.

Forgive me, I have not followed all 9 pages of this - am I right in assuming that you do not take your boat out of your marina?

If so, why do you have a boat?

I have a 70' boat but I would not be bothered with it if I couldn't move it - I'd rather a caravan or a cottage.

7 hours ago, frahkn said:

Forgive me, I have not followed all 9 pages of this - am I right in assuming that you do not take your boat out of your marina?

If so, why do you have a boat?

I have a 70' boat but I would not be bothered with it if I couldn't move it - I'd rather a caravan or a cottage.

Without trying to be rude, it is a question that doesn't need to be asked. I can move the boat, when it pleases me.

I like the water environment. For about 11 years, I was a narrowboat painter. For a while, I travelled as far as I could. More than most, involved in the canal way of life.

Edited by Higgs

16 minutes ago, Higgs said:

For about 11 years, I was a narrowboat painter.

Swerving abruptly off topic, did you use Vactan or Fertan? If not, how did you prepare rusty steel?

There is another thread where Blackrose keeps asserting professional boat painters won't touch the stuff, and you're the only professional painter on the forum so your opinion would be welcome.

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Swerving abruptly off topic, did you use Vactan or Fertan? If not, how did you prepare rusty steel?

There is another thread where Blackrose keeps asserting professional boat painters won't touch the stuff, and you're the only professional painter on the forum so your opinion would be welcome.

I never even used Owatrol. Never used Vactan, Fertan or anything, but paint. I couldn't really risk messing about. If anything was to go wrong, I want it to be my fault or the paint. If I'd messed around, it would be harder to complain of maybe a bad batch of paint.

20 hours ago, Higgs said:

You quote the law that disproves.

You really don't understand how a discussion works do you?
Either you are being totally obtuse or you are thick.

To explain:
you are saying that the implementation of a "law" is wrong, but you cannot or will not exactly state what that "law" is, and will not quote it. So either it doesn't actually exist and all this is crap bluster from you, or you actually have never bothered to find out and are just a wind-up, troll merchant.

I think most of us know the answer to all those questions!

And I've no doubt you and your ilk are having great fun over on the other forum spouting your usual insulting comments about me.

19 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Or buy a caravan instead.

Nah, he'd find some fatuous excuse to complain about site fees and things even then!

13 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

To explain:
you are saying that the implementation of a "law" is wrong, but you cannot or will not exactly state what that "law" is, and will not quote it. So either it doesn't actually exist and all this is crap bluster from you, or you actually have never bothered to find out and are just a wind-up, troll merchant.

And I've no doubt you and your ilk are having great fun over on the other forum spouting your usual insulting comments about me.

Nah, he'd find some fatuous excuse to complain about site fees and things even then!

While we have a herd of tame ilks, courtesy of our tame Finnish bus driver, who collects them on his bonnet, we have no Higgs. Cwdf have the last of the breed, look after him. 

39 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

While we have a herd of tame ilks, courtesy of our tame Finnish bus driver,

I met your Finnish bus driver the other day. He turned up bell ringing here and we went up down the pub afterwards for a pint of two...

Pint OR two!

1 hour ago, Graham Davis said:

To explain:

If you can't cope., I'll understand.

1 hour ago, Jim Riley said:

While we have a herd of tame ilks, courtesy of our tame Finnish bus driver, who collects them on his bonnet, we have no Higgs. Cwdf have the last of the breed, look after him. 

You're excused. You must be visiting a forum I don't. I gather Mr Davis isn't much cared for over on that one. I obviously have no idea why, over there, but I'm well acquainted with Mr Davis' poor debating ability over here. Three years on the Brexit thread was ample experience. He's a bit delicate.

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 12:30, Higgs said:

I'm not too interested in your weak position. You have offered no real reason to conclude that I am wrong.

It isn't really about whether you are wrong or not.

More that you move from a series of points to an apparent conclusion that is a non sequitur.

Put at its broadest, you claim that there is no statutory requirement for a licence in a marina. That is true.

Those who You also claim that there is a contract for the mutual benefit of CRT and Marina. That too is true.

You then claim that in exposing this, it gives more power to the boaters elbow. Those of us who still bother with your drivel sit here thinking "and how the hell does he conclude that"

The lack of statutory basis for licences in marinas does not affect the ability of CRT and Marinas to agree that one is required, and for them to agree to enforce it.

Naturally, enforcement would not make use of s8 powers, but would be a matter of contract. Therein lies the difference. CRT has to jump through lots of hoops for s8. Marina owners do not.

24 minutes ago, mayalld said:

It isn't really about whether you are wrong or not.

More that you move from a series of points to an apparent conclusion that is a non sequitur.

Put at its broadest, you claim that there is no statutory requirement for a licence in a marina. That is true.

Those who You also claim that there is a contract for the mutual benefit of CRT and Marina. That too is true.

You then claim that in exposing this, it gives more power to the boaters elbow. Those of us who still bother with your drivel sit here thinking "and how the hell does he conclude that"

The lack of statutory basis for licences in marinas does not affect the ability of CRT and Marinas to agree that one is required, and for them to agree to enforce it.

Naturally, enforcement would not make use of s8 powers, but would be a matter of contract. Therein lies the difference. CRT has to jump through lots of hoops for s8. Marina owners do not.

We know what the enforcement powers of a marina are, none are based in the law that requires a boat licence.

"You then claim that in exposing this, it gives more power to the boaters elbow. Those of us who still bother with your drivel sit here thinking "and how the hell does he conclude that""

Well - CRT do not have the power inside a marina that they have outside, on the cut. The laws do not empower the marina to have these powers, inside or outside the marina. CRT is an agent of the law, it is not the enabler or distributor of that law to any third party.

Take away the obviously fixed and comfortable agreement that serves to benefit both CRT and the marinas financially, disadvantaging the clients, and the monopoly is removed. There is no automatic right to the licence fee. And there shouldn't be, inside private property. CRT will then have to work harder, to encourage the use of the canal. CRT do not really work hard for the benefit of the boater. Not surprised, its income does not demand that it listens to boaters, the income is handed to them on a plate, via the fixed cosy contract between the marina and CRT.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Higgs

57 minutes ago, Higgs said:

We know what the enforcement powers of a marina are, none are based in the law that requires a boat licence.

"You then claim that in exposing this, it gives more power to the boaters elbow. Those of us who still bother with your drivel sit here thinking "and how the hell does he conclude that""

Well - CRT do not have the power inside a marina that they have outside, on the cut. The laws do not empower the marina to have these powers, inside or outside the marina. CRT is an agent of the law, it is not the enabler or distributor of that law to any third party.

Take away the obviously fixed and comfortable agreement that serves to benefit both CRT and the marinas financially, disadvantaging the clients, and the monopoly is removed. There is no automatic right to the licence fee. And there shouldn't be, inside private property. CRT will then have to work harder, to encourage the use of the canal. CRT do not really work hard for the benefit of the boater. Not surprised, its income does not demand that it listens to boaters, the income is handed to them on a plate, via the fixed cosy contract between the marina and CRT.

Hope that helps.

All you do is repeat the same non sequiturs again and again, adding ever more verbiage to try and conceal the fact that, right or wrong, IT IS OF NO IMPORTANCE.

Regardless of whether there is a statutory basis for the requirement, it can be enforced by contractual means, and there is no PRACTICAL effect of the basis on which enforcement occur.

• Greenie 3

57 minutes ago, mayalld said:

All you do is repeat the same non sequiturs again and again, adding ever more verbiage to try and conceal the fact that, right or wrong, IT IS OF NO IMPORTANCE.

Regardless of whether there is a statutory basis for the requirement, it can be enforced by contractual means, and there is no PRACTICAL effect of the basis on which enforcement occur.

Fine - Book out. I don't give two hoots.

Edited by Higgs

2 minutes ago, Higgs said:

Fine - Buck out. I don't give two hoots.

Well, unless they made you a moderator, I think I will continue to point out the error of your ways.

Purely because I am fascinated that I might one day understand your compulsion to make yourself look silly here,

• Greenie 1