Good Quality Petrol Can??

Richard10002

Featured Posts

14 hours ago, Man 'o Kent said:

I've got a genuine Jerry can --  wanna make me an offer I can't refuse?

What exactly is a "genuine jerry can", please? 

I thought "jerry can" was a specific style and format of container made by dozens or hundreds manufacturers over the decades. I have several and they all look superficially the same but have minor differences and the generic "jerry can spout" I have only fits one of them properly IIRC.

Are you suggesting "jerry" is actually a brand of can, rather than a style? 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
missing word

According to the telly, one of the main reasons why Germany lost the wars. Over engineering and precision making of guns and thing made them unreliable in the hands of the average squadie, and took too long to make  and quickly became obsolete.  When pushed we could turn out far more in the way of all kinds of arms, less precision, simpler but more reliable.

1 hour ago, bizzard said:

According to the telly, one of the main reasons why Germany lost the wars. Over engineering and precision making of guns and thing made them unreliable in the hands of the average squadie, and took too long to make  and quickly became obsolete.  When pushed we could turn out far more in the way of all kinds of arms, less precision, simpler but more reliable.

The Russian Kalashnikov is a good example of a simple weapon.

I have been led to believe that the Nazis lost the war primarily because they attacked Russia before conquering Britain.

1 hour ago, bizzard said:

Mainly the manufacturing : they only managed to make 1200 Tiger tanks, which suffered reliability problems in service. Wasn't obsolete until after the war, though, when the Russians revealed the JS3 tank, which made the latest (6 month old) British Comets instantly outclassed.

Edited by Iain_S