Do people really do this?

Featured Posts

Just now, tree monkey said:

KFC is the crack cocaine of junk food, tempted to try and cook it myself just to see if I can

There are certainly recipes for it online now, one of them has got to be at least kinda near it. They seem to call for cooking in a pressure fryer which all sounds a bit frightening...... 

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, TheShutterWizards said:

As opposed to the nastiness you displayed when we asked for an opinion on a product that doesn’t exist!! 

Sorry that Tumshie displayed 

Advertising on here is controlled by the mods and needs appropriate approval.

We have had people who are/were regular contributors to the forum, they provided advice who also provided boat related services, useful, helpful and interesting and so allowed to advertise as a by product of their contributions.

Bitching about members soon after joining is unlikely to garner support or approval to advertise your wears

Edited by tree monkey
  • Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

It was an interesting marketing approach to abuse potential customers

Did you ever go to that chinese restaurant in Londons Chinatown, I think it was called wonkeys or summit. It was famed for the rude staff. We went there a couple of times.It was absolutely packed on each occasion." Wha you Frikinn wan?" So funny. Maybe that is The Shutterwizards USP

Edited by rusty69
  • Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Did you ever go to that chinese restaurant in Londons Chinatown, I think it was called wonkeys or summit. It was famed for the rude staff. We went there a couple of times.It was absolutely packed on each occasion." Wha you Frikinn wan?" So funny. Maybe that is The Shutterwizards USP

Never made it, I did spend some entertaining evenings in Chinatown in my drunken youf.

8 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

There are some markets where that works quite well I hear, but I know very little about them :unsure:

Yeah of course you don't  ;)

1 hour ago, Tumshie said:

There are certainly recipes for it online now, one of them has got to be at least kinda near it. They seem to call for cooking in a pressure fryer which all sounds a bit frightening...... 

KFC (and similar outlets) do indeed use a pressure fryer but I’ve used the following recipe with reasonable success:

• 2/3 tablespoon salt
  • 3 tablespoons white pepper
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon basil
  • 1 tablespoon celery salt
  • 1 tablespoon dried mustard
  • 2 tablespoons garlic salt
  • 1 tablespoon ground ginger
  • 1/3 tablespoon oregano
  • 4 tablespoons paprika
  • 1/2 tablespoon thyme
  • MSG!! (Leave it out if it bothers you)

Mix the above with 2 cups flour. (Sorry, Yankee recipe). 

Dip chicken in milk/egg then in mixture. 

Immediately deep fry for 12 mins at 350F / 170C. (Don’t leave it lying around after coating it.)

Edited by WotEver
Added a bit

Just now, WotEver said:

KFC (and similar outlets) do indeed use a pressure fryer but I’ve used the following recipe with some success:

What is a pressure frier or how do you do it (pressure frying that is) with out mishap? 

Just now, Tumshie said:

What is a pressure frier or how do you do it (pressure frying that is) with out mishap? 

It’s a great big thing with a lid and a locking mechanism like something off a submarine. It costs a few grand. Not for home use. I first saw one when a mate had one installed in his fish & chip shop when he took on a ‘Chick King’ franchise. 

For home use simply deep-fry. 

Ooohhh... you can get them for home use now:

https://www.easyequipment.com/mother-clucker-countertop-electric-chicken-pressure-fryer-17-piece-mcc15.html

7 minutes ago, WotEver said:

It’s a great big thing with a lid and a locking mechanism like something off a submarine. It costs a few grand. Not for home use. I first saw one when a mate had one installed in his fish & chip shop when he took on a ‘Chick King’ franchise. 

For home use simply deep-fry. 

Ah yes, it does sound like something better suited to an industrial setting. 

With that recipe I could make a gluten free version. I've never had a KFC (don't keel over TM) but I could give that a go if I found the right gluten free flour. 

:D

Edited by Tumshie
Guess

I went to The Boat Show once, long time ago, on a " Special Deal".

Hotel was so bad we demanded a decent room, went to Soho while they sorted it out, a real Chinese restaurant. No one spoke English, so all we got was "special fried rice" It was about 1.00 am and the "Chinese Side was crammed, we were the only Caucasians, on the English side, obviously.

The staff were drunk as skunks on brandy, by 2.00 am there was a major fallout, involving poker chips and wads of cash. Knives were out.

We left tenner or so under the plate and scarpered.