Moorings in South Coast, UK

NarrowSam

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

Sorry, I meant "office" as in "work space" rather than "job".

I know - just pointing out that Churchill's old job and 1SL aren't one and the same, so the workspaces under discussion are probably also not the same. Was this the office "2 Jags" got caught using for "recreational" purposes, I wonder?

8 minutes ago, Peter X said:

I'm sorry for sending this topic off on a tangent, although my suggestion was technically on topic and has led to a rather interesting discussion. Anyway, if the OP does take up the idea, do please let us know what response you get from the admiral.

I sincerely hope he doesn't write in with such a request. Doing so would probably result in some overworked Lieutenant or Lieutenant Commander having to find time draft a polite reply, studiously avoiding the 2 words he really wants to say, one of them being "off"! ;)

32 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I sincerely hope he doesn't write in with such a request. Doing so would probably result in some overworked Lieutenant or Lieutenant Commander having to find time draft a polite reply, studiously avoiding the 2 words he really wants to say, one of them being "off"! ;)

This for sure. The Portsmouth harbour frontage is out of the question. Even the services own yachts are in Gosport. Does this have to be a pontoon mooring?

5 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

This for sure. The Portsmouth harbour frontage is out of the question. Even the services own yachts are in Gosport. Does this have to be a pontoon mooring?

And Gosport is so much nicer.....when viewed from a safe distance.

Yes, I’m from Pompey.

ETA

There used to be a very nice mooring in Emsworth, behind the Lord Raglan pub. No idea if the mooring is still there, it does dry at low tide btw.

Edited by Stilllearning

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That sounds like the voice of bitter experience!