Replacement Mattress

BEngo

Featured Posts

The mattress in Jarrah is reaching the end of its days.  It is not a standard size, so the replacement  will need to be made to fit. 

Has anyone any experience of custommademattress.co.uk, or any other reccomendations for a mattress maker please?

N

Edwardian Bedding Co. made one to our specification (it had to fold two thirds/one third, as it was for a cross-bed). Still comfy after 12 years. Not cheap, as I recall, but not barmily expensive either.

5 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Another vote for Edwardian Bedding company. You can even go and see the chap making it if you want. Any shape, any size. Small no nonsense Yorkshire outfit.

So, they made your cross-bed mattress too?

(Stands well clear, awaits tirade).

38 minutes ago, BEngo said:

The mattress in Jarrah is reaching the end of its days.  It is not a standard size, so the replacement  will need to be made to fit. 

Has anyone any experience of custommademattress.co.uk, or any other reccomendations for a mattress maker please?

N

I used custommademattress.co.uk for my split mattress. Got to say, they were pretty good and efficient, price was good. The mattress was great but I'm finding now having had it for 2 1/2 years, it's beginning to lose a bit of it's springiness. It's still fine but probably needs turning around. I hear memory foam mattresses do that after a while though. I bought the cheapest one so perhaps the more expensive mattresses will keep their shape for longer. I'd be happy to recommend custommademattress.co.uk though.

34 minutes ago, Athy said:

So, they made your cross-bed mattress too?

(Stands well clear, awaits tirade).

:D Haa no way Jose!! They did me one 6ft 6inches by 4ft 4inches, precisely. I went for their top range thing with a billion pocket springs nearly a foot thick. Its superb. I went to their shop/manufacturing place. they made it and delivered it very quickly and took the old one away for disposal. First class from start to finish.

1 hour ago, NB Caelmiri said:

............. I hear memory foam mattresses do that after a while though. ...........

Any foam mattress will compress after a while and develop a 'hole' where you sleep.  Even memory foam. Had to replace one that had become horrible uncomfortable. Bought a new mattress, not memory foam and hated it after 2 years for the same reason. I really believe you get what you pay for in mattresses.

Edited by Kudzucraft

Yet another vote for Edwardian Bedding. Ours is 10 years old now, and still OK.  As it's a split mattress it can't be turned so it's stood up very well to always being loaded in the same places.  I wouldn't hesitate to get our next mattress from them, when eventually this mattress needs replacing.

5 minutes ago, Mike55 said:

Yet another vote for Edwardian Bedding. Ours is 10 years old now, and still OK.  As it's a split mattress it can't be turned so it's stood up very well to always being loaded in the same places.  I wouldn't hesitate to get our next mattress from them, when eventually this mattress needs replacing.

For a smallish company, they seem to have supplied a disproportionate number of our members' mattresses.

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

For a smallish company, they seem to have supplied a disproportionate number of our members' mattresses.

I bought one from them because my bro in law had bought one from them for his cross bed and said they were good. Tis word of mouth I spose which is the best advertising available. They are not cheap, but then nothing much of quality usualy is.

7 minutes ago, Athy said:

Another vote for Edwardian from us. Ours is also a cross bed, 2 piece mattress. 5 years old and very comfortable still.