Where have all the boats gone?

Featured Posts

Perhaps a lot of boat owners have gone on holiday abroad with their family?

I guess there are plenty of hire boats in the move. Do some boat owners prefer to avoid the peak hire boat season?

I think they're all on the Trent & Mersey!

We usually deliberately avoid being on the move during the 6 week school holiday but so many have said it isn't especially busy during this period that we weren't bothered about this year's 3 month trip running into early August. 

But coming south on the T&M last week it was very busy between Middlewich and Great Haywood with queuing at some locks taking over an hour, and before that we found the Middlewich Branch of the Shroppie very busy too.

We are generally out and about from about June through until October. We missed last two years owing to family/health issues. Never seen the Shroppie and Middlewich  etc so dead in close to 20 years. There was a bit of activity around the Middlewich festival but other than that we have been able to moor wherever we choose, even Nantwich on more than one occasion. We usually go straight through Nantwich as nowhere to moor. Usually the boat services at Nantwich are rammed, but despite CRT tying a workboat on there for several days, it was still easy to get on there. 

2 hours ago, Grassman said:

I think they're all on the Trent & Mersey!

We usually deliberately avoid being on the move during the 6 week school holiday but so many have said it isn't especially busy during this period that we weren't bothered about this year's 3 month trip running into early August. 

But coming south on the T&M last week it was very busy between Middlewich and Great Haywood with queuing at some locks taking over an hour, and before that we found the Middlewich Branch of the Shroppie very busy too.

I was on there 3/4 weeks ago seemed very quiet but we were from the trent to Great Haywood 

No boat on my moorings today again, oh I forgot its in for blacking and the paintwork tidying up.  ?

The view from the kitchen window just isn't the same without her there. ?

Edited by cuthound
  • Horror 1