Quadrant Shower

George Kennedy

Featured Posts

I'm looking to install a quadrant shower in my narrowboat and rather than spend any more time trawling websites and trying to work out which combinations will fit, I'd like to find if someone has successfully installed one recently and can point me in the right direction of a decent combination of tray and enclosure.

Depends on the headroom in your boat. We often fit an Aqua 800x800 quadrant, 1850 high, on a flush fitted shallow tray with q good pump! If you are short on headroom, Wesley windows do a shorter enclosure at, iirc, 1200 height which could go on a deep tray.

One of the really great things about quadrant showers is the plethora of sizes and hands available. The more common ones are as cheap as chips and come in 100's of styles, the more obscure less so.

Do a few hours on sites and you will get what you want at the price you want to pay. Just needs a bit of time trawling I'm afraid. Not something that can be definitively answered here for you.

I'm looking to install a quadrant shower in my narrowboat and rather than spend any more time trawling websites and trying to work out which combinations will fit, I'd like to find if someone has successfully installed one recently and can point me in the right direction of a decent combination of tray and enclosure.

have you forgotten how to spell the word 'please'?

MtB

• Greenie 1

Due to limited head room we have bought the Wesley windows enclosure and tray recently. You pay quite a bit extra for short versions. If you can fit the 1800-1850 size in then you can buy from anywhere and much cheaper. Wesley was about the same price as anywhere else for the short vesrsion and good service.

<pedant>

This is a statement, not a request. The word "please" is not relevant.

</pedant>

Due to limited head room we have bought the Wesley windows enclosure and tray recently. You pay quite a bit extra for short versions. If you can fit the 1800-1850 size in then you can buy from anywhere and much cheaper. Wesley was about the same price as anywhere else for the short vesrsion and good service.

I can echo that. We replaced the original enclosure as it was impossible to clean without completely dismantling it.

Service was very good. They delivered it direct to the boat while we were moored at Foxton and took the old one away, then later, when one of the seals cracked, the brought us a replacement when we were at Dudley.

Regards

Pete

I have bought myself a shower tray and I am unsure what to do next. I can put off the decision moment by concentrating on the drain plumbing but eventually I too will have to decide on an enclosure of some sort. Wahhhh! (I am not sure how to spell that.)

Edited by system 4-50

Sorry, Please and Thank You.

First of all an apology for forgetting my manners in the original post - no excuses, just carelessness I'm afraid.

Secondly, please forgive me for that misdemeanour.

Finally, a big thank you for the advice regarding Wesley windows, I had a look at their website earlier and it all looks very interesting, thanks again.

First of all an apology for forgetting my manners in the original post - no excuses, just carelessness I'm afraid.

Finally, a big thank you for the advice regarding Wesley windows, I had a look at their website earlier and it all looks very interesting, thanks again.

Carelessness is a most excellent excuse. We all suffer from it! (Even Chris Pink gets careless sometimes, although I doubt he'll admit it ;) )

In my view the very best quadrant shower tray on the market is from B&Q. Only about 2" tall so minimum loss of headroom, enormous diameter, very shallow waste fitting so can cope with high flow rates without overflowing the tray, physically strong and rigid, easy to cut if necessary, and keenly priced too.

Comes in standard 800x800 and 900x900 sizes and accepts any standard quadrant enclosure.

MTB

I did manage to fit one from B&Q but I had to cut down the fibre glass base to its minimum.

it just went in after scraping off the foam insulation in the roof at one point.

Height is always going to be your enemy in a narrow boat.

Alex

DSCF2134-1.jpg