Mooring on own land, if sssi land

TCP

Featured Posts

6 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Electric chainsaws are the future, lighter, instant power, quieter and no breathing I  the fairly unpleasant fumes.

Although I do admit to liking the noise and fumes 

Battery or mains?

16 hours ago, Tumshie said:

See all those carriages - I'm under the impression in England they all got scraped but there are still quite a few up in Scotland - they ended up in fields as animal shelters and in peoples gardens some even became tea rooms. 

They are only diddy ones, not full size

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

They are only diddy ones, not full size

They were the ones pulled on the railway lines so they were genuine railway carriages - I've seen various different types and lengths  but I don't know how they might relate to any other ones in size. To call them diddy as appose to full size seems a little mean but it would be interesting if you could elaborate.  

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

They were the ones pulled on the railway lines so they were genuine railway carriages - I've seen various different types and lengths  but I don't know how they might relate to any other ones in size. To call them diddy as appose to full size seems a little mean but it would be interesting if you could elaborate.  

The Dungeness ones in the photo are diddy ones, not full size https://www.rhdr.org.uk/heritage-carriages/

7 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

The Dungeness ones in the photo are diddy ones, not full size https://www.rhdr.org.uk/heritage-carriages/

Oh I see - the one in the photo. It's only when you see the trains and Santa in the same piccy that you realise just how diddy they are. 

I thought you ment the ones I saw up in Scotland were diddy ones. :blush: I do apologise.  

Edited by Tumshie

58 minutes ago, Greyladyx said:

Yes it looks good.

It's scary how cheap chainsaws are now.

The saw without the battery pack and charger is cheap, add in the battery and charger and it is similar to equivalent 2stroke. 

Admittedly the battery can be used across multiple platforms

6 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

The saw without the battery pack and charger is cheap, add in the battery and charger and it is similar to equivalent 2stroke. 

Would that be a Makita, then? 

17 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Omg yes I just looked on worldofpower and it's a body only.

I think I will stick to my petrol husqy's.

Sorry OP we've well gone off topic.

So has Tumshie big time lol?:hug:

On 09/12/2018 at 11:26, TheBiscuits said:

It's normally the chain that lets down cheap chainsaws, either petrol or electric.  Put a decent chain on your electric saw and touch it up with a needle file every time you use it, and I think you will think it's a different beastie.

Aldi own brand chainsaw accessories are Oregon chain, so if they are the correct size for your saw you can get a couple of premade chains for about a tenner each.

I'm a great fan of electric chainsaws - silent when not running, quieter when running, no fumes, no cursing a damn two-stroke that won't start 'cos it hasn't been used for 6 months, cheaper to run, stops instantly when you release the trigger.

Naff all use if you are miles from a plug socket, but great otherwise.

When no plug socket is available you could plug the electric chainsaw into a small suitcase generator.

Then you get all the advantages of the electric chainsaw  (quiet and fume free), plus all the advantages of a two stroke chainsaw (noise and fumes). What's not to like? ?

• Happy 1

20 minutes ago, cuthound said:

When no plug socket is available you could plug the electric chainsaw into a small suitcase generator.

Then you get all the advantages of the electric chainsaw  (quiet and fume free), plus all the advantages of a two stroke chainsaw (noise and fumes). What's not to like? ?

:clapping: