singlehanded women liveaboards

sailor mcgee

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

You're barking mad. :giggles:

You make then sound like the lady boater's version of the masons. 

I don't think you were here when the secret s of the teapot society were inadvertently 'teased' out,  'leaked' and the code 'cracked'

A Tea-pot on the boat roof has an assortment of meanings from "Party-Time" (wink-wink) to "the kettle has boiled".

Its a bit like which ear you put a single ear-ring in etc.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I don't think you were here when the secret s of the teapot society were inadvertently 'teased' out,  'leaked' and the code 'cracked'

A Tea-pot on the boat roof has an assortment of meanings from "Party-Time" (wink-wink) to "the kettle has boiled".

Its a bit like which ear you put a single ear-ring in etc.

Oh wow, that's.... eh!..... no definitely before my time. ?

4 minutes ago, sailor mcgee said:

can someone paste a link to the group or a group admin so i can addmyself  - ask them first if ok to post here please

It is an invite only group and no link to it has ever been posted on this forum before. Plus you may not be eligible to join the group - not being a narrowboat owner.

9 minutes ago, sailor mcgee said:

can someone paste a link to the group or a group admin so i can addmyself  - ask them first if ok to post here please

Just search on Facebook for women on the cut, I think there has been a rift and there's now 2 groups, one invite only, one you ask to join. 

I could be wrong on the rift thing of course 

16 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

'Tower grabbing' is the term for ringers whose goal is to ring in as many towers as possible, just the once in each, so as to tick each off the list. Its seen as mildly naff amongst the more serious method-ringers.

Foxy travels from Finland to do this. (As well as use his NB)

Phil

13 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Just search on Facebook for women on the cut, I think there has been a rift and there's now 2 groups, one invite only, one you ask to join. 

I could be wrong on the rift thing of course 

I thought there had been two rifts now, and there were three groups. (As I said back in post 3!)

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I thought there had been two rifts now, and there were three groups. (As I said back in post 3!)

I'm not sure how facebook works but can't anybody start a group - so there could be any number of them, no?

22 hours ago, sailor mcgee said:

i havent been on a narrow boat in the uk much more than a week; its probably similier than crossing the atlantic though so i aught to be ok living abord; right?

It is similar to crossing the Atlantic.You are stuck in a long thin tube for hours on end with only little windows to look out of,and when you go to the bog everyone knows.

Just now, rusty69 said:

It is similar to crossing the Atlantic.You are stuck in a long thin tube for hours on end with only little windows to look out of,and when you go to the bog everyone knows.

im glad that seko fackförbund (the union) ensure we have our own cabins and privacy on the loo :) but yeah i appriciate this info ❤️