Why is this forum becoming a joke !!!

norman18grp

Featured Posts

Getting back to the original suggestion of this post. It is a sad fact whether some would like to admit it or not, that there is undoubtadly a click on here who readily do jump to defend each other if any one of them is under fire for their opinions.

The same few names over and over again.

Whilst at the same time they will readilly sit back and do nothing whilst watching one of their click attack someone elses posts if they feel in the mood to do so.

Its a gang thing they feel safe in numbers and they arnt brave enough to go it alone and stand by their own opinions.

That is the suggestion of the original post and sadly it is true, but no amount of reasonable discussion will change a thing because its their forum plain and simple.

Get out of it what you can guys. This forum does sometimes prove useful and has helped me a lot at times. Its a game and if all else fails, block the comments of the ones that annoy you the most (I do) and wind the buggers up as much as you can.

Now then back to hirers .......... :)

So who's in this clique that always supports one another's opinion then mav?

Getting back to the original suggestion of this post. It is a sad fact whether some would like to admit it or not, that there is undoubtadly a click on here who readily do jump to defend each other if any one of them is under fire for their opinions.

Whilst at the same time they will readilly sit back and do nothing whilst watching one of their click attack someone elses posts if they feel in the mood to do so.

Its a gang thing they feel safe in numbers and they arnt brave enough to go it alone and stand by their own opinions.

That is the suggestion of the original post and sadly it is true, but no amount of reasonable discussion will change a thing because its their forum plain and simple.

Get out of it what you can guys. This forum does sometimes prove useful and has helped me a lot at times. Its a game and if all else fails, block the comments of the ones that annoy you the most (I do) and wind the buggers up as much as you can.

CLIQUE

Edited by tomsk

I'd still like to know who's in it tho', can I join?

Good cue for a poll! perhaps all members would like to name the main three in their own personal opinion. If the same name or names keep reaccuring then we cant all be wrong can we and this topic will be well and truly decided.

Do any other members feel this would be a worthwhile and positive idea and would they take part?

I presume the choices are; the aforementioned clique, or the baying mob poised to descend on mayalld's boat. I, for one, fancy the baying mob. Not because I have anything against mayalld or object to any of his posts, I just like the idea of running about with pitchforks and torches.

No offence, mate. :)

CWDF CLIQUE

MEMBERSHIP CARD 2007-2008

Name: Snibble

Hurrah! Can Nobber join too?

But of course!

Obviously, as an under age elephant, he can only come on clique activities if accompanied by a responsible adult

He didn't say they supported one another's opinions. He said they jumped to defend each other.

Quote Maverick: "Getting back to the original suggestion of this post. It is a sad fact whether some would like to admit it or not, that there is undoubtadly a click on here who readily do jump to defend each other if any one of them is under fire for their opinions."

Sorry I must have misread that, or perhaps it was you?

I hardly think any of the posters who have defended mayalld's right to be argumentative would leap to his defense over his opinions. It's usually me attacking his opinions for a start.Maybe the problem is peoples' resentment at their inability to formulate an argument.

Now if you'd said we were defending him because his posts are not abusive, offensive or profane you may have had a point. A point I would have agreed with.

Maverick, len, et al are being just as argumentative. They're just not very good at it.

I presume the choices are; the aforementioned clique, or the baying mob poised to descend on mayalld's boat. I, for one, fancy the baying mob. Not because I have anything against mayalld or object to any of his posts, I just like the idea of running about with pitchforks and torches. No offence, mate. :)

We've got torches! Well Petzl headtorches at least, and I can lend you my keb if you like.

edited because all my carriage returns diappeared.

Edited by carlt

We've got torches! Well Petzl headtorches at least, and I can lend you my keb if you like.

No no no no no!

As a clique, we will naturally all just gather together and whisper about secret stuff that non-members aren't allowed to know about.

It'll get them really cross.

maverick

all credit to you bud

youve cracked the code

No no no no no!

As a clique, we will naturally all just gather together and whisper about secret stuff that non-members aren't allowed to know about.

It'll get them really cross.

That's why I'm rubbish at this clique stuff. As soon as I see they need to borrow my keb I just ruin it all by offering it to outsiders.

Quote Maverick: "Getting back to the original suggestion of this post. It is a sad fact whether some would like to admit it or not, that there is undoubtadly a click on here who readily do jump to defend each other if any one of them is under fire for their opinions."

Sorry I must have misread that, or perhaps it was you?

I hardly think any of the posters who have defended mayalld's right to be argumentative would leap to his defense over his opinions. It's usually me attacking his opinions for a start.Maybe the problem is peoples' resentment at their inability to formulate an argument.

Now if you'd said we were defending him because his posts are not abusive, offensive or profane you may have had a point. A point I would have agreed with.

Maverick, len, et al are being just as argumentative. They're just not very good at it.

It's quite possible to jump to someone's defence when they're under fire for their opinions, even though you may disagree with those opinions. Indeed you say you've done it yourself.

It therefore follows that people who defend each other don't necessarily share their opinions.

So I still think you slightly misrepresented what Maverick said when you asked:

So who's in this clique that always supports one another's opinion then mav?

Not the realy sekrit clique code he didn't, cos only members of the clique know about that one.

I belong to no clique, I am universally abhored, I like it that way :) P.S Anyone for Whack-a-Mole :wub:

Edited by tomsk

It's quite possible to jump to someone's defence when they're under fire for their opinions, even though you may disagree with those opinions. Indeed you say you've done it yourself.

It therefore follows that people who defend each other don't necessarily share their opinions.

So I still think you slightly misrepresented what Maverick said when you asked:

Tedious semantics. You are being deliberately argumentative. Welcome to the clique :)