Eberspacher advice

Saima

Featured Posts

5 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

A hit with an Exocet ensures that there is no fuel tank sludge formation as there is no fuel tank

There is no microbiological growth - it is all 'fried'

There are no injectors left to foul

The fuel cannot carryover to the engine as 1) The fuel has been vapourised, & 2) There is no engine left.

Image result for exocet missile

Aerospatiale make that particular Exocet iirc.  That's an entirely different product to the one I was referring to and not one you should consider introducing to your own boat, although introducing it to someone else's boat might be a different matter...

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Aerospatiale make that particular Exocet iirc.  That's an entirely different product to the one I was referring to and not one you should consider introducing to your own boat, although introducing it to someone else's boat might be a different matter...

French - 'rip-off',  its normally the Chinese that do that.

Is the packaging noticeably different, otherwise, as you say, you could have problems 

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

French - 'rip-off',  its normally the Chinese that do that.

Is the packaging noticeably different, otherwise, as you say, you could have problems 

Yep, that one used to come in a big corrugated box or a huge tube - like an enormous Pringles pack, but painted grey.  The other stuff (at retail level) comes in a little can.  The best way to differentiate safely is only to buy it in a regular chandlery as opposed to an international arms dealer and, as belt and braces, not if it's on the floor, only off a shelf. 

• Greenie 1

On 10/09/2018 at 13:48, Sea Dog said:

Yep, that one used to come in a big corrugated box or a huge tube - like an enormous Pringles pack, but painted grey.  The other stuff (at retail level) comes in a little can.  The best way to differentiate safely is only to buy it in a regular chandlery as opposed to an international arms dealer and, as belt and braces, not if it's on the floor, only off a shelf. 

Ah, but the little cans are on 48 hour delivery - the big tubes turn up before you were expecting them.

Edited by TheBiscuits

Just now, TheBiscuits said:

Ah, but the little cans are on 48 hour delivery, but the big tubes turn up before you were expecting them.

Don't you still get the 4 minute warning before the due arrival time ?

It was always a big discussion as to what we would do in that last 4 minutes - we generally agreed that 4 minutes wasn't enough to go out with  'a bang' so what else was left ?

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Don't you still get the 4 minute warning before the due arrival time ?

It was always a big discussion as to what we would do in that last 4 minutes - we generally agreed that 4 minutes wasn't enough to go out with  'a bang' so what else was left ?

According to a booklet I once saw, you paint your windows white and then unscrew an interior door, lean it against a wall, and hide under it. 

I suspect that advice was just intended intended to keep you busy...

• Greenie 1

30 minutes ago, WotEver said:

According to a booklet I once saw, you paint your windows white and then unscrew an interior door, lean it against a wall, and hide under it. 

Amazing how things change.

I remember at School we had the Civil Defence people come and give us lectures on 'what to do' in a nuclear war - One that always sticks with me was "if you are caught out on the open, find a ditch, or dip in the ground lie flat in it and the blast will pass over you"

Found it - reprints available on Amazon.

In 1963, the Home Office and Central Office of Information distributed this handbook for the civil defence, police and fire services to advise the public on what to do in the event of a nuclear attack. The booklet told people what to do to protect themselves, their family and their home. From how to build an outdoor fall-out shelter and putting together a survival pack to what to do if a warning sounds, this is a terrifying glimpse of life under the threat of nuclear attack.

The end of the Second World War heralded the start of a new war. It was the war in name only, fought out by the superpowers through propaganda, and using smaller nations as pawns in the military build-up that became known as the Cold War. New and chilling phrases entered the vocabulary - mutually assured destruction, nuclear proliferation, hydrogen bomb, airburst and fallout. The UK Government, like that of many other nations, considered the effects on the population at large. Plans were drawn up, secret nuclear bunkers built and a new civil defence network created to counter the threat of all-out nuclear war. Manuals were issued to those in the know and the civilian populace became used to the sounds of nuclear air-raid warning sirens being tested, of adverts informing them how to convert their house into a shelter, what to do with dead bodies, how to counteract radiation sickness, etc. The government also issued a whole series of pamphlets and educational films for the masses. Out of these has come Protect and Survive - The Civil Defence Manual, which brings together, for the first time, the Government's own pamphlets for Civil Defence volunteers and the populace at large.

39 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Take sharp objects out of Pockets ,put your Head between your Legs and Kiss your..........

• Haha 1