When is an Inverter 'inverting'?

Opener

Featured Posts

28 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Five? I thought there was an infinite number of dimensions. 

Even though we can see only three. 

We can see 4 cause I can see time go by, but it's one way only. We can probably see many more bit just can't recognise them.

4 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

All inverters use more than you think all batteries last less long than people say everyone uses less power than they think and petrol generator are a safe thing on a boat...

I'm all for a good joke but IT IS NOT a good idea to say petrol generators are a safe thing on a boat. Petrol contains C4's (ie Butane) which is heavier than air and settles in the bilges waiting for a spark to cause an explosion. Please dont joke about that. Someone might believe you.

1 hour ago, roland elsdon said:

All inverters use more than you think all batteries last less long than people say everyone uses less power than they think and petrol generator are a safe thing on a boat...

I was with you until your last point. Petrol generators are DANGEROUS on a boat. 

Always like this discussion you are quite correct they are the most lethal thing on a boat, it's a point I try and make when ever I can because it initiates discussion.

how there are not more incidents amazes( and pleases me)  I fear it's only a matter of time before a big incident involving petrol and boats too near each other will occur. Of course insurance will probably not pay out, because the cost of even making generator and petrol storage safe on a boat is huge, but the ease with which you can buy a generator and a can of fuel and provide your boat with power makes it so tempting to people.