EE 30Gb Data sim - £15/month Rolling contract.

rusty69

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, jenevers said:

I’m amazed at the complexity of all these deals. Why can’t EE etc just print out a list of all their offers? Why all this bartering?

I spent best part of an hour in the EE shop and came away with a paltry 60Gb for £44. A poor deal but the best I could get. The guy just was not moving. ....but then I am a muppet.

4 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

I spent best part of an hour in the EE shop and came away with a paltry 60Gb for £44. A poor deal but the best I could get. The guy just was not moving. ....but then I am a muppet.

Booooo poor negotiating skills Dr Bob. Phone em up and get a better deal.If they don't offer you one, threaten to send the duck over to crap on their building.

13 minutes ago, jenevers said:

I’m amazed at the complexity of all these deals. Why can’t EE etc just print out a list of all their offers? Why all this bartering?

It's called "confusion marketing". Most people can't be bothered to trawl through the options or to haggle, so end up getting stuffed. 

Took the 30Gb for £15 deal this morning, thanks for the post. It came at just the right time, I do monthly as I am out of UK for 4 months in winter, going home tomorrow so needed to get back on the dongle for 8 months, I got a 32Gb deal last year off EE for £30 by searching their deals on the web then going into the shop. They said it was not a shop deal but would match it.

Seems to be a flexible policy, they will do almost anything to close a deal. Service and coverage is good, but the website is appalling. I have never managed to open my account, get the "redirected too many times" line even after erasing cookies. The shops use a different web site, they can't make it work anyway.

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

It's called "confusion marketing". Most people can't be bothered to trawl through the options or to haggle, so end up getting stuffed. 

It's called "extracting surplus value". The marginal costs are low, so they can still make a profit on the discounted deals, but don't want to sell at that price to people who are prepared to pay much more. Essentially, all the hoops you have to jump through are to demonstrate that your time is worth so little that you're prepared to jump through them. It filters out the people whose time is worth more, because they can afford to pay more and therefore will get charged more.

Seen in this light, it's everywhere. Loyalty cards? Cheap prices for people who jump through hoops, more expensive for everyone else. Rebates? Same thing. Expensive prices, but cheaper if you can be bothered to claim. Midland Swindlers Freaky Friday? Sell to hard-up boaters and still make a profit, but make more profit from shiny boaters who can't be bothered to wait.

MP.

• Greenie 1

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Back again if anyone is interested (now £16/month). As per OP , check details before signing up

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/data-sim-30gb-of-4g-data-for-16-per-month-on-a-30-day-contract-ee-3176749

That's not bad. Our EE data sims are £45 for 60Gb on a 24 month contract! Due to finish in June. I'll be looking for something similar.

EE has been brilliant and never been without a data signal including the black holes of Braunston and lower heyford.

We also have 80Gb of data from BT via our home broadband for £20.

7 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

That's not bad. Our EE data sims are £45 for 60Gb on a 24 month contract! Due to finish in June. I'll be looking for something similar.

EE has been brilliant and never been without a data signal including the black holes of Braunston and lower heyford.

We also have 80Gb of data from BT via our home broadband for £20.

The 3 deal @TheBiscuits  posted gives more data and minutes if you can get a signal. 

http://www.three.co.uk/Store/SIM/Plans_for_phones

Edited by rusty69

On 20/03/2018 at 20:37, rusty69 said:

Looks like an ok deal if anyone is after an internet sim.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/30gb-4g-data-simo-half-price-now-15pm-ee-30-day-rolling-contract-2912553

Check details before signing up.

My local EE shop will match this deal over the counter but they said that it cannot be used in a 4G modem. .

Just now, Aguila said:

My local EE shop will match this deal over the counter but they said that it cannot be used in a 4G modem. .

Oh. I am on the original deal, and as far as I know the sim is in a 4g modem. 

Are they suggesting it is only suitable for 3g modems then or in a phone. 

11 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

That's not bad. Our EE data sims are £45 for 60Gb on a 24 month contract! Due to finish in June. I'll be looking for something similar.E

Don't pay that much. We're in the second year of an EE 24 month contract, 60Gb per month, and paying almost exactly half what you are.

MP.

48 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

Don't pay that much. We're in the second year of an EE 24 month contract, 60Gb per month, and paying almost exactly half what you are.

MP.

Yep, I meant I would be looking for something similar to Rusty's post....but it didnt come out that way. £0.50p per gig seems to be the upper limit.

I will get ready to argue with them in June.

MP, is your 60Gb on one sim? When I took out our contract in 2017, they only did it with 2* 30Gig sims. That means with the BT 80Gb I have 3 sims - but the router only has two slots so if I use the max in a month I have to unscrew the router to swap the EE ones. I really need just one EE sim next time to avoid the faff.

I just today renewed our 4G data contract with Three. On a 24 month contract I got unlimited data and a new dongle for £22/month. It’s not truly unlimited as it’s capped at a terabyte per month but that’s just to stop it being used for heavy commercial applications. 

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

That means with the BT 80Gb I have 3 sims - but the router only has two slots so if I use the max in a month I have to unscrew the router to swap the EE ones. I really need just one EE sim next time to avoid the faff.

Yep, that's a real Pita (not the bread). I take our sim out to put in the mifi when off the boat.

Just now, rusty69 said:

Ooooh, how exciting. Can we move our boat into your car park please.

Yup, loads of room. You could put it in the workshop if you like and stay out of the weather. We’re only a mile from the top of the Oxford...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I just today renewed our 4G data contract with Three. On a 24 month contract I got unlimited data and a new dongle for £22/month. It’s not truly unlimited as it’s capped at a terabyte per month but that’s just to stop it being used for heavy commercial applications. 

Wow, that's good.....but is it limited to your dongle?

I get the impression with the postings on here that Three are a good deal cheaper than EE but I know  that EE works where ever we have been.

Tony, does it work well streaming video etc. We seem to use most of our data running the TV and youtube for Mrs Bob?

2 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Wow, that's good.....but is it limited to your dongle?

I get the impression with the postings on here that Three are a good deal cheaper than EE but I know  that EE works where ever we have been.

Tony, does it work well streaming video etc. We seem to use most of our data running the TV and youtube for Mrs Bob?

Yep. And I have no idea about other dongles as I’ve never had the need to try, seeing as it comes with its own. 

I have the dongle plugged into an old laptop that does nothing more than work as a server to wired routers and a wireless router. 

22 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

Yep, I meant I would be looking for something similar to Rusty's post....but it didnt come out that way. £0.50p per gig seems to be the upper limit.

I will get ready to argue with them in June.

MP, is your 60Gb on one sim? When I took out our contract in 2017, they only did it with 2* 30Gig sims. That means with the BT 80Gb I have 3 sims - but the router only has two slots so if I use the max in a month I have to unscrew the router to swap the EE ones. I really need just one EE sim next time to avoid the faff.

Yes, one SIM. Getting this took some time and haggling with the EE call centre. Stiff drink beforehand recommended! The tariff is called "Mobile broadband" or some such.

MP.

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Ta!

One comment from the linked site suggests it could be worth haggling with the retentions dept if you do want to stick with EE. Dunno if its achievable by us mere mortals though:-

Not sure how good a deal this is? I got EE sim only (4G) 100GB per month plus Apple Music, plus BT sport plus £100 Amazon voucher all for £20 per month! So for an additional £4 per month I get all that (on a unlimited call/text etc basis) and if you offset the Amazon voucher then works out actually much less than this data only sim

Edited by rusty69