Diesel Sawley

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Hi Peeps

Just checking online and it appears BWML have introduced some stupid blue or green card system for buying diesel at their marinas to supposedly make life easier re declarations etc :rolleyes: Does anyone use sawley or any other BWML marina for their diesel now and can a card be obtained from their office? I have seen they are obtainable on line but the boat has no post box to send them to as I would need both cards. They are used at all BWML marinas it appears. Not desperate by any means and dont have to fill up there but was wonderin?

Taa

When we were informed about the need to have them it was to 

1) enable self service

2) to ensure that an 'BWML employee charged the correct amount

3) was only available to BWML berth holders.

Non BWML berth holders could be served as normal (at manned pumps) and make a declaration

Edit to add : Now I've got the cards, I've dumped the email I had from them.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

1 minute ago, pearley said:

When we were at Kings in the late spring we were told that self service was turned off on the orders of HMRC. 

Yes it seems that way. i will fill up elsewhere.

I have heard that the Sawley unlimited pump-out has been turned off as well after representations from the flat earth society as they felt some ructions in the earth plates around the 3 rivers junction area.

Small pump outs will still be available , but only cassette sized deposits for a reasonable fee, large tanks could well be banned under local effluent regulations and wide beams could well be "Tom Puddinged" out to the centre of the North Sea for ejections....return journey at extra cost.

10 minutes ago, matty40s said:

I have heard that the Sawley unlimited pump-out has been turned off as well after representations from the flat earth society as they felt some ructions in the earth plates around the 3 rivers junction area.

Small pump outs will still be available , but only cassette sized deposits for a reasonable fee, large tanks could well be banned under local effluent regulations and wide beams could well be "Tom Puddinged" out to the centre of the North Sea for ejections....return journey at extra cost.

Doubt I will ever get there anyway!!

29 minutes ago, pearley said:

When we were at Kings in the late spring we were told that self service was turned off on the orders of HMRC. 

And not in any way related to making BWML moorers feel tied in to buying BWML diesel (even though they are not) just before putting BWML up for sale!

Our local BWML (White Bear) were priced at a flat rate 99p/l last time I looked, with a sign on the pump saying that was a 60/40 split at whatever that works out as.

All the other suppliers have the domestic ppl set on the pump and add tax to the declared propulsion percentage.

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

3) was only available to BWML berth holders.

Non BWML berth holders could be served as normal (at manned pumps) and make a declaration

The cards are not limited to BWML bertholders

After it was mentioned I applied for and received a card . I may rarely use the card but its there in case of need. Hull is a possible refuelling stop for us.

4 minutes ago, MartynG said:

The cards are not limited to BWML bertholders

After it was mentioned I applied for and received a card . I may rarely use the card but its there in case of need. Hull is a possible refuelling stop for us.

I have a boat in Hull (Railway Dock) - its not the easiest fuel berth to get onto and the hose is not very long.

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Hi Peeps

Just checking online and it appears BWML have introduced some stupid blue or green card system for buying diesel at their marinas to supposedly make life easier re declarations etc :rolleyes: Does anyone use sawley or any other BWML marina for their diesel now and can a card be obtained from their office? I have seen they are obtainable on line but the boat has no post box to send them to as I would need both cards. They are used at all BWML marinas it appears. Not desperate by any means and dont have to fill up there but was wonderin?

Taa

Surely they can sell you some diesel without the card? 

If you are coming this way Newark Marina is usually reasonably priced but will only let you have 60/40 split .

Farndon might do domestic rate while its still winter (not sure).

• Happy 1

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I have a boat in Hull (Railway Dock) - its not the easiest fuel berth to get onto and the hose is not very long.

I have refuelled at Hull with no particular issues . 

The fuel berth was handy for our friends who ran out of diesel on one engine just as they entered the lock !

Don't know how you can cope with owning more than one boat - it must be like having more than one wife - but perhaps you have  a wife in every boat ?

Just now, MartynG said:

I have refuelled at Hull with no particular issues . 

The fuel berth was handy for our friends who ran out of diesel on one engine just as they entered the lock !

Don't know how you can cope with owning more than one boat - it must be like having more than one wife - but perhaps you have  a wife in every boat ?

With a 23 foot beam there is not a lot of space.

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

With a 23 foot beam there is not a lot of space.

I see your difficulty. 

The  absence of  sufficient length of the fuel pontoon  is presumably also part of the challenge . I have in my mind said  boat is 30m  long ?

1 hour ago, MartynG said:

I see your difficulty. 

The  absence of  sufficient length of the fuel pontoon  is presumably also part of the challenge . I have in my mind said  boat is 30m  long ?

No, he's got a stumpy rectangle with two hulls and a trampoline.

Gah! Beaten to it.

Is she a 38 footer Alan?

Edited by TheBiscuits