BCN Moorons

nicknorman

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, The Crusty Crow said:

Oh dear! Oh well nick norman. If you really wanted to have a moan you could have posted your experience on "moored like a twat" Facebook group. Or ask a friend to help you to if you're not competent enough.

Anyway, have a pleasant afternoon.

Tararabit.

I couldn’t. I don’t do farcebook on principle.

I assumed that our crispy corvine colleague was joking - but, cor lumme, there really is such a Face Book group! What's more [moor?] it sports 5,000 members. Surely they don't all moor in a skewonky fashion, otherwise no one would ever get anywhere.

21 minutes ago, Athy said:

I assumed that our crispy corvine colleague was joking - but, cor lumme, there really is such a Face Book group! What's more [moor?] it sports 5,000 members. Surely they don't all moor in a skewonky fashion, otherwise no one would ever get anywhere.

Yes there really is such a group and I was briefly a member, though I think I joined whilst under the influence of Henry Westons 8.2% vintage cider. I un joined because it was bad for my blood pressure and I felt only a matter of time before I saw a photo of my own boat. It appears that one popular way to be a Twat is to moor in a tight gap sharing a mooring ring with the boat in front. I concluded that it really is a site for those people who fit into the "everybody else is a twat" category.

..............Dave

50 minutes ago, dmr said:

Yes there really is such a group and I was briefly a member, though I think I joined whilst under the influence of Henry Westons 8.2% vintage cider. I un joined because it was bad for my blood pressure and I felt only a matter of time before I saw a photo of my own boat. It appears that one popular way to be a Twat is to moor in a tight gap sharing a mooring ring with the boat in front. I concluded that it really is a site for those people who fit into the "everybody else is a twat" category.

..............Dave

Nicknorman will fit that catagory. 

If anyone cares to read the original post he (nick) was in a hurry. And got arsey because he thought he was being slowed down. 

I wonder if his rattle and dummy are still floating?

The photo clearly shows enough room left to tie up.

Edited by Goliath
Added stuff and several attempts to correct grama

32 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Nicknorman will fit that catagory. 

If anyone cares to read the original post he (nick) was in a hurry. And got arsey because he thought he was being slowed down. 

I wonder if his rattle and dummy are still floating?

The photo clearly shows enough room left to tie up.

I wasn’t in a hurry, I didn’t paricularly get slowed down. There wasn’t enough room to tie up because all but 2 bollards were taken up, and beyond the bollards the wall was collapsing into the canal, but fortunately not being single handed I didn’t need to, I just dropped Jeff off at the front. If you are the type of person who thinks it’s OK to moor long term on a junction on a lock landing, just because you are not totally blocking navigation, then I hope your sort don’t proliferate on the BCN. These things only become a big deal when everyone starts doing it, but if it isn’t nipped in the bud then everyone will start doing it. Well, selfish people anyway, and there are plenty of them about, mostly people like you who have fairly recently discovered canals and think they should be run according to their personal needs.

24 minutes ago, The Crusty Crow said:

Yes he would really like MLAT. He could join in with all the other Victor Meldrews in there having a moan.

But are you not moaning about nick moaning, this could become endless, someone could moan about you moaning about nick moaning about and so on

2 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

I wasn’t in a hurry, I didn’t paricularly get slowed down. There wasn’t enough room to tie up because all but 2 bollards were taken up, and beyond the bollards the wall was collapsing into the canal, but fortunately not being single handed I didn’t need to, I just dropped Jeff off at the front. If you are the type of person who thinks it’s OK to moor long term on a junction on a lock landing, just because you are not totally blocking navigation, then I hope your sort don’t proliferate on the BCN. These things only become a big deal when everyone starts doing it, but if it isn’t nipped in the bud then everyone will start doing it. Well, selfish people anyway, and there are plenty of them about, mostly people like you who have fairly recently discovered canals and think they should be run according to their personal needs.

You were in a hurry,  you took an alternative route thinking it would be faster  

Without you making assumptions, how did you know they were long term moored? 

And yes its a silted up shit of a junction, a moored up boat would have been a god send because I'd have tied to it while I work the lock  

But you have Jeff to help so easy peasy. 

2 hours ago, Goliath said:

You were in a hurry,  you took an alternative route thinking it would be faster  

Without you making assumptions, how did you know they were long term moored? 

And yes its a silted up shit of a junction, a moored up boat would have been a god send because I'd have tied to it while I work the lock  

But you have Jeff to help so easy peasy. 

We weren’t in a hurry. It’s just that I prefer to be cruising the interesting backwaters of the BCN rather than arriving as number 3 boat at a flight of locks and hanging around or even helping the boats in front (as I normally do, although one takes one’s life in one’s hands these days as 1 click too many on the paddle gets you shouted at). We had been debating whether to go new or old main line so this was a good compromise.

I know he was long term moored because there was an expanse of stuff laid out on his private lawn (aka the grassy bit beside the bridge) - mostly his nursery of young plants. And also because when I pointed out to him that it wasn’t a good place to moor, his repost was that “CRT have said it’s OK for me to moor here”. Which was of course a lie.