Over night mooring after Brentford going towards Little Venice.

Boat&Bikes

Featured Posts

Any suggestions about mooring between Brentford and Little Venice? We know we can moor near Brentford but that leaves us a long days cruise the following day so wondered if there were other likely spots to break up the journey? Thanks, Ian. 

Bulls Bridge next to the big Tesco.

Only other places i would stop between there and LV would be the public park on the offside just past Willowtree Marina (Yeading), Perivale or Kensall (which you won't like if you're an 'out of towner').

Edited by junior

50 minutes ago, junior said:

Bulls Bridge next to the big Tesco.

Only other places i would stop between there and LV would be the public park on the offside just past Willowtree Marina (Yeading), Perivale or Kensall (which you won't like if you're an 'out of towner').

The Black Horse at Greenford has been OK for me in the past.  Not been there lately though.

Bulls Bridge is roughly half way so is the logical place to stop. The moorings are good but apart from the Tesco there is not much to do or see there. Also, the lorries delivering to the store during the night can be quite noisy. If you want a pub, I would suggest pressing on to The Black Horse at Greenford. Sometimes I go past the junction and overnight in Hayes or Cowley, turning around in the morning and heading into London.

Edited by WJM

Bulls Bridge. Although it is a 24 hour Tesco. Or turn right at Bulls Bridge and  pootle along go about a mile there are some visitor moorings near Southall where the road called Bankside is.

I also like Horsenden Hill, on the offside just east of Greenford. Almost rural ....

1 minute ago, mark99 said:

Nb Have you made the turn into Brentford before?

The turn is ok its trying to find it the first time!

Look out for Brentford Dock marina on the left, and the entrance is just past it on the left.

There is a large silver sculpture also on the left side of the river, you want to turn into the creek before you get to the sculpture.

Last time I was there it was being used as a public urinal, which adds to the artistic experience no doubt.

Streetview gives you some good shots, of the entire tideway.