SAVING A LIFE

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

Cripes, that sounds like a holiday from hell. Oh don't forget one of those rubber rings that they used to advertise in the back of the 'News of the World' for sufferers of haemorrhoids .

Yes, ''BEWARE HIDDEN PILES'', stock up with Suppositories.

Edited by bizzard

Tweezers for splinters, these should be added to the Swiss army knife instead of the tool that is supposed to remove stones from horses hooves which I think is really a Marlin spike for rope work.

A First aid kit is very important, complete with a big selection of safety pins to hold up your pants when the elastic snaps. Strong bandages for restraining aggressive crew members and for binding up arms broken by Swans wings. A comprehensive kit of surgical and dentistry tools and a bottle of rum for performing the odd Tonsil, Appendix, and tooth operation. Plus, pills, ointments, embrocations, Kaolin poltices, TCP.

Mine has tweeters and a toothpick that slide in the handle. First aid kit important but it needs the right bits, not just some plasters.

a short length of 16mm rope (slightly less than a meter in length) with eye splices at each end (one larger than the other). Slip the small splice over a dolly or tee stud and you have a very lightweight 'step' at the other end.

Now that I shall do!!

I reckon that otherwise the most important safety item should be your 'Other Half'

Life Rings, Ladders and Ropes tend to be less than effective if there is no one to sling them to you!

Tweezers for splinters, these should be added to the Swiss army knife instead of the tool that is supposed to remove stones from horses hooves which I think is really a Marlin spike for rope work.

A First aid kit is very important, complete with a big selection of safety pins to hold up your pants when the elastic snaps. Strong bandages for restraining aggressive crew members and for binding up arms broken by Swans wings. A comprehensive kit of surgical and dentistry tools and a bottle of rum for performing the odd Tonsil, Appendix, and tooth operation. Plus, pills, ointments, embrocations, Kaolin poltices, TCP.

No bone saw?biggrin.png

As stated on another thread, we've just picked up our new purchase, an ex hire boat.

Three fire extinguishers, one fire blanket but no smoke detector nor a carbon monoxide detector! We have been handed the BSS report but a quick glance doesn't throw up these omissions. I would have thought the boat to be saftied up to the hilt!

As stated on another thread, we've just picked up our new purchase, an ex hire boat.

Three fire extinguishers, one fire blanket but no smoke detector nor a carbon monoxide detector! We have been handed the BSS report but a quick glance doesn't throw up these omissions. I would have thought the boat to be saftied up to the hilt!

But I suspect you only have a BSS certificate for a private boat for 4 years? not one for a hire boat which yours isn't any more. I am not sure if the requirement for detectors on hire boats has actually come into force yet

But I suspect you only have a BSS certificate for a private boat for 4 years? not one for a hire boat which yours isn't any more. I am not sure if the requirement for detectors on hire boats has actually come into force yet

I assumed the existing BSS would cover us? Just made a phone call and it seems not! Now on the case :)

Interesting and worrying reading about some of your smoke alarms not working.

We've no problem though because ours gets tested on a daily basis. It regularly goes off when the wife is cooking wink.png

On a serious note, after reading these threads I'm going to order a safety ladder and throw rope.