Using a web proxy to access the forum

Jmoi

Featured Posts

I do not know where it is better to ask about this. But if I could get banned for using a proxy? In the sense that I can go into your account with 2 different ip.

Eh? You joined only this morning and you're asking about joining again. An amoeba you are, already?

P.S: welcome to you both.

Edited by Athy

I do not know where it is better to ask about this. But if I could get banned for using a proxy? In the sense that I can go into your account with 2 different ip.

You can use a proxy as long as it's not to circumvent a suspension or for the purpose of using multiple accounts. I proxy to CWDF nearly every day.

You can use a proxy as long as it's not to circumvent a suspension or for the purpose of using multiple accounts. I proxy to CWDF nearly every day.

But you must let the mods know. If they see a 2nd membership for the same person they have before now cancelled it without notice.

I cant think of any other reason why you would do it. or what am I missing?

I cant think of any other reason why you would do it. or what am I missing?

A chap wanted to move to a more nonedescript lifestyle with less online presence so he created a second persona on here to begin to facilitate that. He had his account deleted with no notice. That's what I meant - not a sock puppet as such, just a different coat that he could get used to wearing over time.

I created a second account several years ago in order to set quiz questions. I don't know whether it's still in existence, but it did stray from the Virtual Pub once or twice.

Edited to say yes, it's still there. Mods please feel free to delete it (but not this one!)

Edited by Mac of Cygnet

Hi,

As has been said, you can use a proxy as long as it's not to circumvent a suspension or for the purpose of using multiple accounts.

In terms of having various IPs relating to a single account, that is no issue at all, and happens all the time as people use various internet connections to access their account. For more likely to raise concern is when a single IP is used for multiple accounts as these are often 'duplicate' or 'sock puppet' accounts, although there are a number legitimate reasons for a single IP to be used be a number of accounts and its not the only method used for identifying duplicate accounts.

Daniel