RCR Rescue Narrowboat on the Trent

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

I have often wondered how far up you can go, been well past the Trent Bridge and up to Clifton Bridge this year before bottling it......also been not quite as far in a much bigger vessel as well (eh, Tim captain.gif ).

I wonder if they were doing it to see if they could, rather than because they were lost.icecream.gif

Is that what the RCR chaps are sitting on?

Yes. Well sort of that is the near to the location of the entrance to the abandoned lock.

It connected the Trent to the Nottingham and Beeston Canal at the top of the existing lock. There is a spur off to the left just before you reach the lock.

ed - you can see it on this Google Earth screen grab.

The green boat at the top is turning into the former spur to the lock. It's used to wind now and I ISTR there is some boats moored in there. The RCR guys are on the large lump of concrete bottom right.

ph4n05dh.png

Edited by MJG

Yes. Well sort of that is the near to the location of the entrance to the abandoned lock.

It connected the Trent to the Nottingham and Beeston Canal at the top of the existing lock. There is a spur off to the left just before you reach the lock.

ed - you can see it on this Google Earth screen grab.

The green boat at the top is turning into the former spur to the lock. It's used to wind now and I ISTR there is some boats moored in there. The RCR guys are on the large lump of concrete bottom right.

ph4n05dh.png

Thanks, explains a lot

I have often wondered how far up you can go, been well past the Trent Bridge and up to Clifton Bridge this year before bottling it......also been not quite as far in a much bigger vessel as well (eh, Tim captain.gif ).

I wonder if they were doing it to see if they could, rather than because they were lost.icecream.gif

Hi Matty

Yes mate biggrin.png we took the Princess under Wilford toll bridge and past the church with ease but she is shallow draughted at about 3 feet six inches anyway although with a 16 foot airdraught as you will remember going under Trent bridge smile.png .

I have been much further on narrowboats nearly to the weir but would not recomend it to yer average canal using hobby boater, though there is nowt wrong with being a canal using hobby boater of course. We had a very good chart giving depths every few feet for most of it although rather dated.

Fab innitt.

Tim