Is this a Coles Morton boat?

toekneep

Featured Posts

Whether this is a Coles Morton boat I do not know, but I rather doubt it. I knew them in the late 1970s when they operated out of the Wharf shed at Whaley Bridge, and the name of the owner was actually Morton Coles, which does not explain the A R Morton name on the plate.

Edited by David Schweizer

Liverpool boats from that period have a distinctive bow design. If you can show us a photo of the pointy end, we would immediately be able to establish whether or not it's a Liverpool shell.

A photo of the bows will confirm if it is a Liverpool boat.

Sorry I don't have a photo and as far as we know it isn't listed on line. If we go to look at it again I'll get a photo.

IIRC Coles Morton went out of business in the mid 1980's. They used to favour Bukh engines and the company TW Marine at Furness Vale I think was started by Willy Webb a former employee. They did start in Whalley Bridge but I believe had several bases at the height of their powers. I think they used to build boats for Viking Afloat. My memory is a bit sketchy, happy to be corrected by anyone who has a better one!