Got to get me one of these :)

dazzlar3

Featured Posts

attachicon.gifboat and trailer.jpg

O M G !!

This is a Father Christmas wish list special.....

How many of you would want one of these :)

We'll I tried to press the 'quote' button and my sausage finger inadvertently gave you a greenie!

However, if your idea of an Xmas list special is a "plastic pig on a raft" you really need something to cheer you up, so you're welcome to it! :D

attachicon.gifboat and trailer.jpg

O M G !!

This is a Father Christmas wish list special.....

How many of you would want one of these smile.png

My first "car" was one of those, a light green Reliant Supervan Mk3. Could be driven on motorcycle license, never handled quite the same after I rolled it over. But hey, passed my car test after 3 months without any driving lessons on the back of using the "plastic pig".

Who would want ........?

Not me for one.

I saw this maybe 30 years ago in Chester. The old boy who owned it had been dragging it around for years and had hardly deployed it in anger.

There were few places he could find the combination of access to a road and firm enough canal bank with deep enough water to get alongside. Ideally he needed a wide enough bit of cut to turn the floating trailer end on to drive straight off/on. This often left him blocking the navigation.

While underway it was difficult to steer as it behaved like a top heavy 45 feet boat with its rudder near the middle.

He had designed and built his floating trailer himself and was honest enough to be his own critic.

The earlier Jaguar moors now on the Bridgewater at Bridgewater Marine I think it's called. (The one just by the junction Waters Meeting). The other Jaguar has just been repainted and moors by Lock 57, Hassal Green on the Trent and Mersey (Romping Donkey lock for those of you remember the pub).

Even though I originally posted this and I do not own a Three Wheeler and will never own one.....my father owned several of these as I was growing up !

I eventually talked him into getting a full driving licence about 10yrs ago....but from experience I can tell you they are one weird car....bike...trike !! whatever you want to call them.....

Many names have been given to them...like....Plastic Pig, Milking Stool.....Plastic Coffin !!

Many a joke have also been given to them...like..

'What do you call a upside down relaint with a beach ball in it...... A Whistle !'

What do you call a reliant with no wheels....A Sledge !'

I used to get serious ribbing at school after my father would drop me off but I always met those jibes with the same saying....

"3rd class driving is better than 1st class walking" :)