Leicestershire Ring here we come

Mantaray

Featured Posts

Got to Welford Aqueduct last night in the dark at 9pm.

Today reached castle gardens pontoon at sunset.....and moved the CRT workboat off the pontoon as there wasn't enough room for the arriving boats.

For the first time in 4 years, the Barge Burger isn't moored here.

The barge burger was moored up near the Hope and Anchor in Syston for a while , it has now gone.

Last seen above Mountsorrel lock. I understand that its been bought by the owner of The Raven which was outside the Hopeless .................... last weekend. I gather that the trading licence has lapsed hence no selling burgers to the cogniscenti who watch football at The King Power stadium.

Matty whats wrong with Friars Mill pontoons? I suppose they are further away from a lock than you like to be!!

we've been about an hour or so in front of you the whole way except when you passed us when we stopped for rain last Saturday.

Shame we missed you. We will be stopping at Braunston tomorrow night, as we are meeting our son and grandchild there on Saturday. Doing Braunston -Hillmorton - Braunston with them Saturday, then back on the ring on Sunday.

Did a there and back, from Braunston to Hillmorton locks today, with our son and grand daughter. The run up was a bit wet, but it dried up for the return trip. Grand daughter loved it, she is only 5 and was her first time on the canals.

Back to the ring tomorrow, through Braunston tunnel and see how far we get, it will all depend on if we get up the stair case locks or not. Need to make a bit of time back, after todays little jolly.

Did a there and back, from Braunston to Hillmorton locks today, with our son and grand daughter. The run up was a bit wet, but it dried up for the return trip. Grand daughter loved it, she is only 5 and was her first time on the canals.

Back to the ring tomorrow, through Braunston tunnel and see how far we get, it will all depend on if we get up the stair case locks or not. Need to make a bit of time back, after todays little jolly.

They don't close Watford Locks any more, so even in the unlikely event you're there after the lock keeper knocks off, you can still go up. Timings just depend on how many boats are trying to go up or down, and whether you happen to arrive at the right or wrong moment.

Made it as far as Elkington, bridge 29.That was enough for 1 day.started at 9am moored up at 7pm with 1 1/2 hour wait at Watford.

Made it as far as Elkington, bridge 29.That was enough for 1 day.started at 9am moored up at 7pm with 1 1/2 hour wait at Watford.

Had to wait 2 hours at top , so as it was 5.30 by the time we were down have moored at bottom for the night. Wife is worried about mooring in Leicester, what do you think? I know castle gardens are ok,but how early do you need to there by to have a chance of getting a space.

I love the stretch you did today. Are you going to go into market Harborough?

Would like to but don't have time.