* FOUND * Stolen Boat - from Mercia Marina

Yank on the Cut

Featured Posts

no need now as I see it, police are happy its theft, no payments outstanding etc etc. Could be about anything but not something to do with the theft so its not really pertinent.

Unless I missed it explained it still seems strange this fella knew the pontoon number for the boat, does make you think its someone with some knowledge of the boat already in some way

Yes people keep saying where its moored could have been obtained in general towpath chat, but to know the pontoon name in advance (it was a name not a number) suggests to me the thief had inside information.

On the odd occasion I've divulged which marina I moored in in the past, I would have found it deeply suspicious if the person enquiring then asked which pontoon I was moored on. I'd have clammed up at this point and I'm sure Chris and Graham would have found it suspicious too and remembered had they been asked.

Therefore, he must have had inside info.

Not really he could have said I moored there at one time what pontoon you on.Oh I am on x pontoon yeah I was on that one ad well.Easy done

Easy innit..

Not really he could have said I moored there at one time what pontoon you on.Oh I am on x pontoon yeah I was on that one ad well.Easy done

Easy innit..

it is, would you remember if someone had such a convo with you saying they used to be moorers there too? Maybe Chris and Graham do as well?

Morning All. I am mapping everyone's reports of where they've been and are going or cruising onto a Google Maps overlay.

So please keep them coming - either as a posting on here or as a PM to Yank on the Cut. I'm also picking up the reports from Canalworld's Facebook counterpart and Canals & Rivers UK.

The Mercia team's stretches when they been decided on this morning in the light of which areas have already been covered well (like the Ashby, thanks to those of you who have looked carefully from top to bottom over the last 24 hours).

Jo

We have been keeping a sharp lookout over the past several days and have covered the Shroppie from Hurlston Junction (with the Llangollen) south to, currently, about 3 miles short of Autherly Junction. Tomorrow we join the Staffs & Worcs travelling up to Great Heywood over the next few days. Nothing remotely resembling the missing boat has been seen.

Ken

Yes, at a lock I was told by someone locking with me that they also used to moor at Mercia and did ask where abouts do you moor. I said moorhen, but they did not comment and take the conversation further. I did not take a lot of notice but was surprised they did not say, oh so did we or anything. It was a women, but for the life of me I could not tell you what she looked like or even what lock, but it was on the last trip we had on our boat.

We have been keeping a sharp lookout over the past several days and have covered the Shroppie from Hurlston Junction (with the Llangollen) south to, currently, about 3 miles short of Autherly Junction. Tomorrow we join the Staffs & Worcs travelling up to Great Heywood over the next few days. Nothing remotely resembling the missing boat has been seen.

Ken

Your about 10 miles in front of us, but we will keep looking anyway.

Yes, at a lock I was told by someone locking with me that they also used to moor at Mercia and did ask where abouts do you moor. I said moorhen, but they did not comment and take the conversation further. I did not take a lot of notice but was surprised they did not say, oh so did we or anything. It was a women, but for the life of me I could not tell you what she looked like or even what lock, but it was on the last trip we had on our boat.

There is gossip that the thief picked up a considerably younger lady with shoulder length blond hair as he joined the T & M on exiting the marina. This makes for a 50-60 year stocky man of medium height with grey hair/balding with this younger woman. But just gossip. And I have checked the CCTV for the times the people providing the gossip mentioned but no boats spotted.

We've cruised from Hawkesbury to Clifton upon Dunsmore today. All we spotted was a boat with similar colouring up on a hydraulic lift at Lime something Marina. It had a rectangular tunnel light above the front doors which I don't think the missing boat has. Couldn't see the back.

Somewhere in this topic or the the Chilton topic, there was a mention of a near miss and bad handling of a boat. The poster mentioned a young lady having to step across his bows in order to reach the towpath. I think she was blonde and accompanying an older guy. I haven't found the post yet, but it sounds familiar.

The photo in post number 1 shows a rectangular tunnel light (port side, on the roof).

So it does! I think the one I saw was in the middle above the front doors, below the roof line. Is anyone close enough to have another look?

Edited by Beo