Marsworth Facilities

LEO

Featured Posts

Still out of action today I am told. Why is it taking so long to reopen the facilities ?

As there are differing statements about what the problem is, I'm kind of expecting multiple different answers about what is necessary to solve it, and when it might be achieved.

A lot of us have raised the question, but so far not much information is feeding back.

We know people living on residential moorings there for whom this is now a very significant problem. Perhaps CRT will bring in bowsers? :wacko:

coz ze lady in ze expensive uber modern kondo next door has an offensive niff of poo poo up er hooter and she complaineth to friends in high places ... would not be surprised to see them closed for good ..

thought this when I saw them buidling " Exclusive " canal side land dwellings next to a poo pump and elsan .. inevitable outcome wasnt it ??

Hi,

I think planning issues became confused with regard to these facilties, the design statement covered it as follows.

A new boaters service facility is to be created at the north-eastern corner of the site, adjacent to the road bridge over the Grand Union Canal. This will replace the existing, substandard facility that already exists in this location. Keeping the facilities block in this location reduces potential conflict between boats being serviced and local residents. The new facility is planned as a long, single storey building which will act as a buffer and a strongly defined boundary to the new development. Sufficient open space has been created around the facilities building to allow easy access and operation for boaters, and access for service vehicles emptying the refuse. Any access restrictions to the wider site will be situated beyond the access to the facilities building, thus enabling 24 hour access for BW staff and boater’s vehicles.

have these new facilities been provided?

Also an amended access plan produced late in the scheme outlined areas of public access, retaining a 2 foot strip along the front of the houses, this strip allows boats to tie up. No mention of this in the sales bumpf and I suspect few people would have purchased the houses if they were aware of this.

Interestingly, the access plan also indicates that the public (anglers) have areas where fishing is possible.

The site is also crossed by a footpath.

A real 'hotch potch'!

L

We know people living on residential moorings there for whom this is now a very significant problem. Perhaps CRT will bring in bowsers? :wacko:

Agreed I had a call from a local friend this morning , he and some of his fellow boaters can't understand why the Elsan isn't open if it's a water problem. It's now causing real problems I hope CRT make a statement soon.

Agreed I had a call from a local friend this morning , he and some of his fellow boaters can't understand why the Elsan isn't open if it's a water problem. It's now causing real problems I hope CRT make a statement soon.

They have - on stoppages feed.

They have - on stoppages feed.

Update on 16/06/2016:

Following some queries raised regarding the water supply to Marsworth Wharf an expert company was asked to come in and test the water supply.

Whilst the test results were clear for all elements of, what we understand to be the Thames Water test for water quality, the survey company has recommended a re-sample/test following discovery of a trace of something called Presumptive Pseudomonas AM0088 at 3 cfu/100ml. Further enquiries have been made with a number of experts and the Thames Valley health protection team about what this actually means for those using the water supply.

We understand that Thames Valley health protection team has said that the water is fine for drinking (apparently pseudomonas is generally found everywhere) – in fact Thames Water, who is responsible for the water supply, don’t test for it. At the surveyed levels it should not have a health impact. That said, we’ve been told that boiling water prior to drinking eradicates all traces of pseudomonas should you have concerns whilst we await the re-sampling results.

The re-sample is arranged for Monday 20 June 2016. Once we’re in receipt of the results we will of course share these (we want to ensure that you have as much information as we do about this).

We are currently working to re-open the facility as soon as possible and will update this notice as soon as the site is re-opened.