Trying to find a video of a boat with a nice sounding HA2

casper ghost

Featured Posts

I've looked on youtube but I can't find a single video of a narrowboat with an HA2, there must be loads on there.. I want to show my daughter it so she can hear the engine. Her engine snobbery is worse than mine and she wants to stick with a single cylinder..

On a different note, is the HA2 the same size as the HR2, I could do with knowing the dimensions to see if an HA2 will fit into my tiny engine room, my brother has an HR2 so I can measure that..

Casp'

I've looked on youtube but I can't find a single video of a narrowboat with an HA2, there must be loads on there.. I want to show my daughter it so she can hear the engine. Her engine snobbery is worse than mine and she wants to stick with a single cylinder..

On a different note, is the HA2 the same size as the HR2, I could do with knowing the dimensions to see if an HA2 will fit into my tiny engine room, my brother has an HR2 so I can measure that..

Casp'

Pretty much identical in size and stature to the untrained eye, there are a number of differences between the two but dimensionally it'll be the same as your brothers.

I know of a nicely sorted HA2 that is likely to be coming up for sale shortly, presently in a boat and running so you could hear it too first. PM me if you're interested.

Hi junior,

while watching this video of you on "Halsall" going through some georgeous countryside on the Weaver, I thought that you would surely not be regretting to have given up your job at Calais, this is THE life ! or isn't it ?

Peter.

Edited by bargemast

You are welcome to come and have a listen to Python's engine and hear what it sounds like to stand over an HA2 when steering - housed in the metal box of an engine room without any sound deadening ... you learn not to wear a hat with a brim that just deflects the sound straight back into your ears.

Thanfully you have an engine room that is not directly under your ears on your boat, in which case it will sound gorgeous

Especially as you have your canine colleagues

Richard

Sure do.

I have re-homed both my ex-work dogs. Any excuse to post this photo...

FB_IMG_1463762222155_zps1pmbx55r.jpg

Between them in Calais they found well over 1200 people hidden in lorries trying to enter the UK illegally. Clever buggers.

• Greenie 1